Connecting to multiple live accounts with MB Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to multiple live accounts with MB Trading

I reckon this is both a Connection question and an Installation and Licensing question but I'll post it here.

I have a live forex account with my broker and I have confirmed that I can open up to 4 accounts of the same type with them under the same user name. This will allow me to trade the same currencies with different NT strategies in separate accounts, and thus run long term and short term strategies without conflict with the new CFTC anti-"hedging" and FIFO rules. (Hah! Do they really think they're reducing risk for retail forex traders by creating obstacles to strategy diversification?)

Anyway, I know I can simulataneously run several Sim accounts from a single NT platform with a live NT license. Is there any way to do the same with live cash accounts at a single broker?

I hope you're not going to tell me I need a separate NT license for each of my MT Trading accounts.

Hi raintree,

Thank you for your post.

So long as each account is available as part of the same Account Connection that is used within NinjaTrader to create access to broker data/account information then you will only need one NinjaTrader license.

Additionally, with a Live Edition License you can go to Tools-->Options-->Simulator-->Accounts you can create additional simulation account with that same live NinjaTrader license that enables access to your live trading accounts.

Each account would be available for live or simulation trading by choosing the appropriate account from the Accounts dropdown. To have the ability to select accounts you would go to File--> Disable 'Global Simulation Mode'.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ryan. That's good news.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post cre8able  
      Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM