mbtrading error connecting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mbtrading error connecting.

Getting the following when connect to MB. The mb window never appears.

11/9/2007 9:06:18 AM,Default,Mbt.Callback.OnAccountLoaded: exception caught: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index,
    11/9/2007 9:06:18 AM,Default,Connected to order server,
    11/9/2007 9:06:18 AM,Default,Connected to quote server (prc112),
    11/9/2007 9:06:18 AM,Default,Connected to perm server,
    11/9/2007 9:06:18 AM,Default,Currently Running on Backup...Will Advise!,
    11/9/2007 9:06:18 AM,Default,Please Do NOT trade out of erroneous positions!,
    11/9/2007 9:06:16 AM,Connection,MBTrading: Primary connection=Connecting, Price feed=Connecting,

I am NOT using NT 6.5 or MB 11.

-Erik

Does this happen each and every time or just once?

Thanks
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried 3 or 4 times before I gave up and had to open it external from NT. In some trades at the moment so I can't try it again right now.

Comment

Thanks for reporting.

Assuming it is reproducible, the only way we could debug and fix this is by getting your database and connection credentials. If you are willing to help us out, please send via Help > Mail to Support a support mail and ensure that you have checked "DB" option.

In subject include "For Dierk - MBT Connection Issue" and in the body of the message include logon credentials. We will then send you an email once we are ready to logon and run some tests.

Thanks in advance.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Tried connecting again after the market closed. Same issue, email sent with requested information.

Comment

NT MBT adapter does not support options. However, your MBT account holds options. Please close out the open options positions in MBT Navigator and retry connecting with NT the next trading day.

Next NT update will filter out option positions/order upon connect and thus work around this issue.

Comment

I've had options in my account for the last few weeks and this has never been an issue before today. Are you sure this isn't some other issue?

Options have shown up in my positions tab and also if I have working orders they show up under the orders tab. I haven't placed any options trades via NT but they do display correctly.

Any idea when the next build will include this update (if it is indeed the issue)? I'd rather not close my options positions right now just so I can connect to NT.
              Last edited by woodside; 11-09-2007, 05:19 PM.

Comment

>> Are you sure this isn't some other issue?
                Yes.

We're targeting next NT6 update ~4 weeks from now.

Comment

Can you explain how this has worked for the last few weeks? My NT version and my MB version have not changed. Thursday I was able to connect to MB with options in my account, Friday I was not able to.

Comment

>> Can you explain how this has worked for the last few weeks?
                    Sorry I don't know.

Comment

woodside: I've received some very strange results when running other applications which use huge amounts of memory on the same machine I'm running NinjaTrader on, so make sure you don't have a memory pig that's interfering with the normal operation of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts but I have lots of memory and normally only run ninja and a few other small programs during market hours. 4 gigs of ram so I'm pretty sure that's not it.

As you can see from the initial post, MB's servers were running on backup on Friday so that is my theory. Maybe the backup servers were giving some weird message that NT couldnt' handle but I'll find out tomorrow night when their normal (hopefully) order servers come back up.

I usually have a few options positions in my account and have never had this happen so I really don't think that could be the issue.

Comment

OK. Sounds like it's something else, then. Good luck with it.

Comment

As I suspected, this had nothing to do with options being in my account, but most likely because of something to do with MB running on backup or backup servers.

I have the exact same positions I had in my account Friday and now am able to connect without any problems.

Hopefully the next time MB has issues and runs on backup I won't get locked out again.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great. next time you can not connect again with same error below it again is the options you traded.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by gemify, 11-11-2022, 11:52 AM
                              6 responses
                              2 likes
                              Last Post ultls
                              by ultls

Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes