MBTrading live trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MBTrading live trading

Hi, I would like to trade live with MBTrading.
    In this first step, I opened a demo account on MBTrading for try my automatic systems with NinjaTrader 6.5. The link from NT6.5 and MBTNav11 works fine! MBTNav feed NT6.5 correctly.
    I would like to ask you same questions:
    1) Can I send the orders from NT to MBTNav demo account or only to Sim101 account? Do I need purchase live licence ? Is it a new key licence to put in the Control Console under help menu to unlock the live features or a new software?
    2) MBTNav isn't hedge capability, so if I want to do that I need to open 2 different accounts on MBTrading. Can I manage 2 different accounts with 1 NT6.5?

Thanks

Bolla

Installation and Licenseing

Hello,

1) You will only be able to send them to the Sim101 account. If you would like to send them to a demo account, you will need a live license.

2) It is possible to manage two MBT accounts, if they are under one acccount connection. If there are two seperate account connections, then it is not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chris View Post
      Hello,

1) You will only be able to send them to the Sim101 account. If you would like to send them to a demo account, you will need a live license.

2) It is possible to manage two MBT accounts, if they are under one acccount connection. If there are two seperate account connections, then it is not possible.
      How?

Thanks

Bolla

Comment

1) Live license can be purchase here http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...g_platform.htm

2) You would need to contact MBT to open an account that has multiple accounts in it. I believe this is possible. When you logon, you would see all of your account listed in NinjaTrader or MBT Navigator.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          1) Live license can be purchase here http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...g_platform.htm

2) You would need to contact MBT to open an account that has multiple accounts in it. I believe this is possible. When you logon, you would see all of your account listed in NinjaTrader or MBT Navigator.
          Is anyone doing this with 2 MBT accounts and if so is it working as Ninjatrader Ray suggests? I just chatted with MBT and they said that Ninjatrader isn't setup to access two of their accounts. I've pasted the chat below and need clarification before opening a second account.

--------------

Securities products are offered through MB Trading, member NASD, SIPC, MB Trading Futures, Inc. (MBTF) and 3DForex, LLC are CFTC registered FCMs and members of NFA.
          You are currently at position number 1 in the queue.
          You have been connected to MBT Russ.

MBT Russ: Hello, Welcome to MB Trading! How may I help you?
          mgin98: hi mbt russ. does mbtrading allow hedging.
          MBT Russ: No. You can't take the opposite side of the trade in the same account.
          mgin98: in forex account that is...
          mgin98: ok... i have a $1000 balance in a mini forex account
          mgin98: and would like to divide that into a separate subaccount to trade with my ninjatrader strategy
          mgin98: so that I can go long in one account and short in the 2nd account
          MBT Russ: You could do that
          MBT Russ: http://www.mbtrading.com/fx/f/Additi...tAgreement.pdf
          mgin98: I would like the two subaccounts to be linked to the same main account so that I can control both from a single ninjatrader account
          mgin98: is there something special instruction I should enter for this?
          MBT Russ: You can have mutiple accounts
          MBT Russ: but Ninja Trader is not set up to trade mulitple accounts
          mgin98: I saw this post on ninja forum that instructs specifically to setup additional acct at mbt for hedging abitlies

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4809&highlight=hedge

2) You would need to contact MBT to open an account that has multiple accounts in it. I believe this is possible. When you logon, you would see all of your accou
          mgin98: just double-checking my understanding before open account. will also double-check with ninjatrader
          mgin98: I would not want separate login for 2nd account...only one login so ninjatrader makes one connection to my account. supposedly that allow it to see both subaccount
          MBT Russ: One moment
          MBT Russ: It is my understanding that NT isn't set up for this, but if they are saying differently perhaps it is
          MBT Russ: Still there?
          mgin98: yes, thanks russ. I will confirm with ninja befoer opening the account.
          MBT Russ: okay
          MBT Russ: Is there anything else that I can help you with?
          mgin98: no russ that will be it.
          Last edited by mgin98; 09-26-2008, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Multiple MBT sub-accounts within the same NT account connection should be working fine with latest NT6.5.1000.6.

Comment

hello,

i am very interested in this topic also.

my set up is TradeStation 8.3 + NT DLL method + MF Global. (i'm not using NinjaScript in my set-up).

i want to set up 2 seperate futures accounts with MF Global (in 2 seperate names). lets assume tradestation sends an order to buy 5 contracts of Gold to the NT DLL. I then want NinjaTrader to send 1 contract to Account 1, and then, 4 contracts to Account number 2 (can NT split the orders up like this?). Is this possible, and if so, how do I go about doing it i.e. what are the steps or processes involved? for instance, do i have to write the code to split the order up in tradestation, or, are there some settings within NT that split up the order for me??

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Rod
              Last edited by Rocket130713; 01-18-2009, 02:18 AM.

Comment

>> for instance, do i have to write the code to split the order up in tradestation
                Yes, since unfortunately NT would not split any orders for you.

Comment

Hello,

I'm using the following set-up: Tradestation 8.3 + NT DLL interface + MF Global broker.

Is it possible to have 1 single connection to MF Global broker (API), but, with NT platform showing and linked to 2 seperate accounts at MF GLobal broker? So under the "Accounts" tab, NT would show say Account number 12345678 and also Account number 91011123m, with different trade and positions in each seperate and different account? But there would only be 1 single connection between NT and MF Global broker API. Can this be done at MF Global?

Question 2: Using the Command() function within the NT DLL interface functions, is it possible within TradeStation to place a market order to buy 1 Gold contract in Account 12345678 and 5 Gold contracts in Account 91011123 ?

Thanks in advance if you can answer my 2 questions above.

If anyone else is currently doing this with MF Global please let us know if this can be done?

Thanks again.

Regards

Rod

Comment

Hello,

Is it possible to have 1 single connection to MF Global broker (API), but, with NT platform showing and linked to 2 seperate accounts at MF GLobal broker? So under the "Accounts" tab, NT would show say Account number 12345678 and also Account number 91011123m, with different trade and positions in each seperate and different account? But there would only be 1 single connection between NT and MF Global broker API. Can this be done at MF Global?

>>NT will display all accounts that are associated with each connection. In other words, if you can access both accounts with one log in, you will have access to both accounts in NT.

Question 2: Using the Command() function within the NT DLL interface functions, is it possible within TradeStation to place a market order to buy 1 Gold contract in Account 12345678 and 5 Gold contracts in Account 91011123 ?

>>I believe it is. I will get someone to confirm that though as I am not 100% sure.
                    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mb trading - tick size

Hello , just one small problem:

I use an MB Trading account to study the currencies, the following message appears in the LOG tab wen i try use certain indicators:

" Error on plotting indicator "GomCD".Please check the "OnBarUpdate" or the "Plot" method: Overflow error."

and of course the indicator just wont work, some have said that the error has to do with the tick size of the currencies, can you instruct me please, on how to fix this?
                      thank you very much in advance.

(Im using NT 7)

kabott.-
                      Last edited by kabott; 11-07-2011, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Can you please clarify what symbol you receive this error on?

What is the tick size currently set to?
                        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi , thanks for the quick reply, of course, it happens in all currencies, EUR/USD, GBP/USD etc.

Im not sure if this is the info you requested

in tools>options>data:

Quote currencies (fx) in : Tenthpip

thanks again

Comment

Hello,

Can you please set this to "Pip" and then restart NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you receive this error on the regular pip size.
                            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

No luck Matthew, same error

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by Johnny Santiago, 10-11-2019, 09:21 AM