cant load any ninja script files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant load any ninja script files

Hello. I am trying to load some ninja script files from this website I get an error while I try to load the file using ninja import script. I get a warning that says " you have custom ninja script files on your PC that have programming erros. These errors must be resolved before you can import a ninjascript archive file..." Can i load ninja script files another way other than import them?. can I just copy paste the file to the custom directory?
    any help is appreciated. btw I am using NT 6.5 on vista xp.

Hi Adam,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator as these errors will need to be resolved regardless of how they are added. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

• Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
    Let me know if this does the trick for you.
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello micheal.

I do not get the edit ninjascript menu from the tools drop down.
      all i get is instrument manager, historical data, account connections,
      and options.. I have the free version if that makes a difference.

Comment

Hello,

In this case you do not have the capability to use NinjaScript as you would need either a NinjaTrader free version license or a live trading license for full NT functionality.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
        The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
        • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
        • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
        • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Purchase Options - Multi Broker
        The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively, you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
        • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $1,495
        • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $449
        • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $75 per month

Let me know if you have further questions.
        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I get the same error, This is one hell of a buggy software. I can get to the compile part then I get a F**cked up error message about a namespace error that has nothing to do with file I'm dealing with. It's error CS0101.

Comment

I figured it out...Can't have any instances(copies) anywhere NT directories.

Comment

Hi Bud_Fox, great you got it!

When you hit compile it will alwyas compile ALL your NinjaScript files, so there could be nothing wrong with the currently open file, but in another one present in your library.

This is done because we create one final assembly file for maximum performance.

You can easily double click on each error and see in which file it was found, if you don't have time to debug it then, just comment out the whole script.
              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
              14 responses
              0 likes