Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

True Strength Index (TSI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True Strength Index (TSI)

Looking for some help with TSI. I know the Indicator is provided with in NinjaTrader but was wondering how I can replicate it as it is in this following description:

I currently use this indicator extensively for my trading but was wondering if I was missing an input? and if possible to create the format of TSI in that description would it be possible to have the inputs scale-able?

I am a newbie so looking for some help either programming or direction.

Originally posted by Labs905 View Post
    Looking for some help with TSI. I know the Indicator is provided with in NinjaTrader but was wondering how I can replicate it as it is in this following description:

I currently use this indicator extensively for my trading but was wondering if I was missing an input? and if possible to create the format of TSI in that description would it be possible to have the inputs scale-able?

I am a newbie so looking for some help either programming or direction.
    Hi Labs

That was a very interesting article you directed me to - learnt quite a bit from it. So I thought I'd code up what you asked for: the TSI with an added EMA signal line.

This is attached. I've loaded it and it works. To import, go to Control Center => File => Utilities => Import and follow instructions.

ESSENTIAL: SAY 'NO' TO ANY REQUEST TO IMPORT OTHER INDICATORS.

I've set the default parameters to 40, 20, 10 (those in one of the charts on that page). You can, of course, set these to any values you like.

I'd be very interested to hear how this is working for you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by arbuthnot; 05-21-2015, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much! I have imported it and it works awesome! Cannot thank you enough for that

Comment

Originally posted by Labs905 View Post
        Thank you so much! I have imported it and it works awesome! Cannot thank you enough for that
        Glad it's working well.

It will be interesting to know through this thread or in a PM how you're using this and if you have some useful tips!

I'd recommend the article linked to in post #1 to anyone reading this thread.

Comment

Ninja trader 8 version

I have been searching for this as well and it will not load in NT8. I am a newbie to NT, how difficult is it to update for NT8? Thanks.

Comment

Hello countjoemoney,

Thank you for your post.

This seems like a fairly simple indicator to convert. There are a few key items to look for when converting your scripts from NinjaTrader 7 format to NinjaTrader 8, and we keep a Code Breaking Changes table updated in the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide to assist in identifying changes or new implementations of familiar methods and properties from NinjaTrader 7: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

The biggest things that you will run into when converting will be:
            • Initialization has changed significantly. Initialize() has been replaced with OnStateChange(), which can be used to filter out different stages of the entire life cycle of a script (SetDefaults, Configure, Historical, Realtime, Terminated, etc.) OnStateChange() is fully covered in the Help Guide.
            • The names of many methods and properties have changed slightly, so you will need to refactor these in your code. The Code Breaking Changes table can make this task much easier, and there is also an alphabetical reference in the Help Guide that can help to find new method/property names: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._reference.htm
            • In numerous instances, you now have direct access to objects, where in NinjaTrader 7 you had to work with interfaces. For example, rather than the IOrder interface, you now have direct access to an Order object and its related fields. This will require a change in the way items like this are handled in your code.

As always, we are more than happy to help out with tips and advice in this area, although we do not offer full script conversion services.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your response. Now to find someone who can decipher it for me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rtwave
              by rtwave

Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes