NT hangs when i switch chart to 6E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT hangs when i switch chart to 6E?

Yeah, whenever I change from another symbol to 6E NT hangs and just sits there all frozen looking. NT eventually brings in the data but it acts weird and data comes in sporadically.. I can also open up a new workspace with 6E and the same happens. I can start NT with 6E and the same happens. Have never run into this problem ever before.

Hello BottomShark77, and thank you for your questions. As a first step, let's ensure your system is in a simple state that is easy to diagnose. Please perform the following steps :

• Save and close down any workspaces other than your current workspace
    • Back up Ninja via File -> Utilities -> Backup
    • Make a second copy of your existing workspace
    • Close the original copy of your existing workspace so that we are working with the duplicate
    • Close all windows except for a single chart where you are attempting to add symbols to the 6E
    • For every indicator and strategy in this chart, if you can set its CalculateOnBarClose setting to true, please do so
    • Right-click your chart -> Properties -> set your Display update interval (sec) setting to 1.0
    • Restart NinjaTrader, saving our new temporary workspace

Once you have done this, please let us know either way whether you continue being unable to add symbols. This will help us narrow down what is occurring.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jessica,

Thanks for the reply. I will do as asked a little later on as I am busy right now and I will let you know if I can change to 6E or not.

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
        Hello BottomShark77, and thank you for your questions. As a first step, let's ensure your system is in a simple state that is easy to diagnose. Please perform the following steps :

• Save and close down any workspaces other than your current workspace
        • Back up Ninja via File -> Utilities -> Backup
        • Make a second copy of your existing workspace
        • Close the original copy of your existing workspace so that we are working with the duplicate
        • Close all windows except for a single chart where you are attempting to add symbols to the 6E
        • For every indicator and strategy in this chart, if you can set its CalculateOnBarClose setting to true, please do so
        • Right-click your chart -> Properties -> set your Display update interval (sec) setting to 1.0
        • Restart NinjaTrader, saving our new temporary workspace

Once you have done this, please let us know either way whether you continue being unable to add symbols. This will help us narrow down what is occurring.
        Okay, one month later lol, but still have the same problem even after doing what you asked above. Even without being connected to my broker, if I even attempt to scroll back on the one chart of 6E, NT hangs and spaces out. I don't think it has anything to with any indicators or settings as I can do the same thing with a plain 1-min chart.

Comment

Originally posted by BottomShark77 View Post
          Okay, one month later lol, but still have the same problem even after doing what you asked above. Even without being connected to my broker, if I even attempt to scroll back on the one chart of 6E, NT hangs and spaces out. I don't think it has anything to with any indicators or settings as I can do the same thing with a plain 1-min chart.
          Okay, a few minutes later I have found out which indicator I believe has been causing the problem. It's an indicator called BzvOpeningRange which sets vertical lines at times you want (like the London open on a ETH chart or whatever). It works with NQ, ES, ect @ the NYSE open but not anywhere for 6E for some reason. No problem, it's not like I really need it. It's just for show so to speak. At least I can use this indicator for the other symbols.

Comment

I am glad you were able to isolate what was occurring to a third party product. Should they need any information from us we can be reached at platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com via e-mail. Please ask that they include Attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and 1646774 in the subject line of any e-mail sent our way.
            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post z.franck  
            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes