Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there any method related to detect price patterns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any method related to detect price patterns?

Hello,

Is there any method related to detect price patterns (Wedge, Triangle, Flag etc.) something like CandlestickPattern (http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ickpattern.htm) method? If not, is there any plan to implement it on NT8 next releases for use in custom strategies?

Thanks,
    Aytac

Hello aytacasan,

I'm not certain what your inquiry is.

The CandlestickPattern can currently be used in a strategy. This is demonstrated in the example in the help guide page you have linked in your post.
    Code:
    if (CandlestickPattern(ChartPattern.BullishEngulfing, 4)[0] == 1)
      EnterLong();
    Can you clarify your meaning when you mention:
    "Is there any method related to detect price patterns (Wedge, Triangle, Flag etc.) something like CandlestickPattern"

Is there another indicator you are referring to that you are attempting to call from a strategy?
    If so, what is the name of this indicator?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

Sorry about my poor English. I'm saying that there is CandlestickPattern method which is detect candlestick chart patterns and we can call in a strategy.

Something like that method, is there any method that detect price patterns;

if (PricePattern(PricePattern.Flag, 4)[0] == 1)
      EnterLong();

If there is not, is there any plan for implement this feature in future releases of NT8?

Comment

Hello aytacasan,

I'm not aware of an indicator such as this.

If you have specifics about how the internal logic would be created, you can contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

You said that "I'm not aware of an indicator such as this." Are you mean i don't know what is price pattern or don't know what is flag, wedge, triangle... price patterns? If so, sorry but you have to find another job immediately. You can not support us about trading platforms and it's related concepts.

You said that "If you have specifics about how the internal logic would be created...". I have actually everybody have this specifics because there is this price patterns since discovery of technical analysis.

I'm aware of consulting services. I'm not asking services, i'm asking that NT has already this functionality? If not is there any plan about it? Of course if developer team report to customer service about future release's new features.

Thanks,
          Aytac
          Last edited by aytacasan; 02-19-2017, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Hello aytacasan,

Thank you for your reply,

No, to clarify, NinjaTrader does not come installed with this functionality outside of the CandlestickPattern items already discussed.

Let us know if we may assist further.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Eric,

Thanks for you clarification. Are you have any plan to implement this type feature for NT at future releases? I'm asking that because i see in this days some other trading platforms (i don't want to say which are because of don't want to do their advertisement here) provide this feature for it's users. And this is really good feature. NT is the best trading platform in my opinion so it can be provide this feature easily

Also if you don't have any plan about it, so i recommend to NT developer team to think about it.

PS : If you want, i can send an email about one of the platform name and it's screenshot that support this feature.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

There are not plans to implement this, but I will certainly forward a note to our development team for future feature consideration.

We look forward to assisting further.
                Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post elirion
                by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM