Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATR Based Renko Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATR Based Renko Bars

Hi,

How would I customize the Renko Bars to use the ATR OLHC data for brick size rather than a fixed brick size entered manually? I would also like the ATR to look at whatever timeframe I specify so its look back could easily be changed from 14 bars back on a 5 minute chart to 14 bars back on the daily chart and changing timeframes changes the brick size.

This si a very common feature for Renkos found in multiple platforms such as tradingview. I am attempting to use the Better Renko or Uni renko scripts to make the ATR changes to the renkos in NT8.

Is it possible to do this and if so how? I am stumped in ninja script.

Hello jcooper, and thank you for your question. While brick sizes in secondary data series do need to be specified once at creation, we can create several data series with different brick sizes and select between them using the ATR OHLC. I have attached an educational sample which should help you get started.

Code samples we provide are for educational purposes, and are not intended for live trading, and are not guaranteed to accomplish any user goal or to be maintained.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Attached Files
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JessicaP View Post
      Hello jcooper, and thank you for your question. While brick sizes in secondary data series do need to be specified once at creation, we can create several data series with different brick sizes and select between them using the ATR OHLC. I have attached an educational sample which should help you get started.

Code samples we provide are for educational purposes, and are not intended for live trading, and are not guaranteed to accomplish any user goal or to be maintained.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
      I've looked at the code but it is not clear how to use this.
      Could you give an example of how it is useful?

Thanks

Comment

Hello DavidHP,

The sample that was previously linked is using no longer supported concepts so I would not suggest using this as a sample for learning purposes. There is currently no way to make dynamic renko bars like the original post asks for. I am unaware of a renko bar that does an ATR calculation to set its brick size, most bars types do not have the ability to reset their values dynamically.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes