Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello indresh,

Thank you for your post.

You can import historical data into NinjaTrader and build charts from that imported data. For information on Importing data in NinjaTrader please visit the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../importing.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

How to create chart by importing Historical data

Hello Team,

Thanks for your response !!!

I want to draw second wise chart of below data :

20160825 110441;8674.00;75
      20160825 110443;8673.15;450
      20160825 110444;8673.65;300
      20160825 110446;8673.65;75
      20160825 110448;8673.65;75
      20160825 110449;8673.05;1350
      20160825 110451;8673.95;300
      20160825 110451;8673.95;150
      20160825 110452;8673.95;75

I had saved above data as text file name as Tick.Bid.txt.
      I had imported above file data as historical data and same had imported successfully but my problem is when we will go to select imported file Tick.Bid.txt and create chart by your installed NinjaTrader application, no chart to display.

Please suggest to me what is still missing from my side for creating Ninja chart.

Thanks
      Indresh

Comment

You will need to save this in a particular filename and in a particular format, then use the playback connection.

I have made two videos. In the first video, I demonstrate how to use a live data feed to learn the name of the file that we need to use, and to get us some sample data.

In the second video, I use the file we created in the first video, and the data already in it, to fix your data so that it is in a format NinjaTrader expects. I then import this data, and explain how to play over it in the playback connection.

I have attached the historical data file I create in these two videos.
        Attached Files
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Ninja Team,

I have created Historical Data Chart successfully.

1. Can I draw chart with Negative Volume data mention below Tick wise data:

20160825 110441 0000000;8674.00;8674.00;8674.00;75
          20160825 110443 0000000;8673.15;8673.15;8673.15;-450
          20160825 110444 0000000;8673.65;8673.65;8673.65;300
          20160825 110446 0000000;8673.65;8673.65;8673.65;-75
          20160825 110448 0000000;8673.65;8673.65;8673.65;-150

2. I have created own custom Indicator but Lines and Plots are not showing Indicator properties. How these option are showing for custom Indicator ?

Thanks

Comment

I am glad you were able to successfully import data.

To your first question, this behavior is undocumented and undefined, and as a result, even if we were to discover an answer to your question, this behavior may change at a later point. Therefore I would advise against using negative volumes.

To your second question, I would like to recommend studying an existing indicator such as the SMA indicator to determine how it creates lines and plots. I am providing some sample code from this indicator.

Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
                        if (State == State.SetDefaults)
                        {
                            // ...
                            AddPlot(Brushes.Goldenrod, NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.NinjaScriptIndicatorNameSMA);
                        }
            [/FONT]
            Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
            // we set the value of the plot by setting Value[0] e.g.
            Value[0] = (last + Input[0] - Input[Period]) / Math.Min(CurrentBar, Period);[/FONT]
            I am also providing an example of a named plot from the MACD indicator's source.

Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
                    protected override void OnStateChange()
                    {
                        if (State == State.SetDefaults)
                        {
                            // ...
                            AddPlot(Brushes.DarkCyan,                                    NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.NinjaScriptIndicatorNameMACD);
                            AddPlot(Brushes.Crimson,                                NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.NinjaScriptIndicatorAvg);
                            AddPlot(new Stroke(Brushes.DodgerBlue, 2),    PlotStyle.Bar,    NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.NinjaScriptIndicatorDiff);
                            AddLine(Brushes.DarkGray,                0,                NinjaTrader.Custom.Resource.NinjaScriptIndicatorZeroLine);
                        }[/FONT]
            Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
                    #region Properties
                    [Browsable(false)]
                    [XmlIgnore]
                    public Series<double> Avg
                    {
                        get { return Values[1]; }
                    }

[Browsable(false)]
                    [XmlIgnore]
                    public Series<double> Default
                    {
                        get { return Values[0]; }
                    }

[Browsable(false)]
                    [XmlIgnore]
                    public Series<double> Diff
                    {
                        get { return Values[2]; }
                    }
                    // ...
                    #endregion[/FONT]
            Code:
            [FONT=Courier New]
                            Value[0] = macd;
                            Avg[0] = macdAvg;
                            Diff[0] = macd - macdAvg;[/FONT]

Comment

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your helpful response !!!

Please explain me some coding logic with real data example of Indicator so we need to create custom Indicator.

We need some online training to write C# code for developing new custom Indicators.

Thanks
              Last edited by indresh; 02-18-2017, 12:16 AM.

Comment

To clarify, I pulled the code samples I provided from the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators\@MACD.cs file. You should have a copy of this on your system. This is a working example with custom plots. For convenience, I have attached it to this reply. I will be happy to answer any specific questions regarding this indicator.

If you check out our training webinar for the Strategy Builder and NinjaScript Editor, these will go more in depth as far as how these series are used. I will be happy to answer any specific questions that come up.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jessica,

1. How to start indicator graph from stream left as shown in attached .png file red square area.

2. How can deploy the custom Indicator in already installed NinjaTrader 8 EXE.

Thanks
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by indresh; 02-22-2017, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your additional questions indresh.

1. How to start indicator graph from stream left as shown in attached .png file red square area.
                    It looks like the indicator you are mentioning is not a tick replay indicator. However, there is a similar indicator, VolumeProfile, which can take advantage of historical data. To enable Tick Replay, first visit the NT8 Control Center -> Tools -> Options -> Market Data and check Show Tick Replay before pressing OK. Then, on your chart, press Ctrl + F to bring up the data series window, check Tick Replay, and push OK. Try adding a Volume Profile indicator to your chart to see it in action.

If you would like to make a Volume Up Down indicator which has access to this same data, you can visit the NT8 Control Center -> New -> NinjaScript Editor, expand Indicators, open Volume Up Down, right-click, select Save As, call this new indicator VolumeUpDownTickReplay, and press OK. You can then study the Volume Profile indicator's source code, especially its OnMarketData section. This will show you how to turn your Volume Up Down indicator into a Tick Replay indicator.

For more information on developing for Tick Replay, please visit this link,

2. How can deploy the custom Indicator in already installed NinjaTrader 8 EXE.
                    If your indicator is in a .zip file, you can visit the NT8 Control Center -> Tools -> Import -> NinjaScript Add-On, browse to your zip file, and press Open.

If your indicator is in a .cs file, just copy the file to your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators folder, open an NT8 Control Center -> New -> NinjaScript editor, and press F5 to complete the installation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view
                    0 likes
                    Last Post cls71
                    by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM