Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

arrow issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

In the case of Type1Long.cs you have the following code:
    Code:
    		if (
    			Close[1] > Open[1]//green
    		 && Close[0]>Open[1] // closed higher than prior open
    		&& Close[1]<Open[1]//red
    		//&& Close[1]< Open[1]//red	
    		  )
    		{
               DrawDiamond(" up" + CurrentBar, false, 0,Low[0]- (TickSize*dist), Color.Aqua); 
        	}
    Please observe that there is a logic conflict that results in the entire statement not being true, thus no diamonds would be drawn. The conflict is the first statement Close[1] > Open[1] and the third statement: Close[1]<Open[1], these would not be true at the same time thus the diamond would not be drawn.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply:

Originally posted by simpletrades View Post
      Forget the dots. I had it coded without the first bar being[0] but please try to figure out why the arrows aren't printing on all symbols all the time.
      Based on the code you have sent, please see my response in post #2, you will need to check for bars to be loaded before accessing them.

Comment

I know
        I caught it finally after uploading the files and wrote you back.
        Also I forgot I had switched the updots to diamonds so if they were there I'd definitely see them.
        It works fine now but the arrows don't seem to show on all symbols. And the code is OK I think because otherwise ES and CL now would not show both up and down arrows.
        Also, I'd like to be able to set the dot and arrow colors on each chart the same as I do for distance rather than have the color hard coded in the file.
        Can you show me how.

Comment

Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding the arrows, you will need to implement what I have advised in post #2. The reason you see it working some times and not other has to do with the fact that your logic has multiple conditions and if the first condition is not true it will not check the 1st or 2nd condition (which are looking at bars 1 & 2 ago) when processing the first bar, 2nd bar, 3rd bar, once you get through those the indicator would perform. When you do not see the arrows as expected, check the "log" tab of the control center for any error messages related to the indicator.

Regarding the color inputs, please see example and information here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=4977

Comment

I'll look over it again tonite as to logic like your post 2, but if the code and logic on arrows works on ES and cL today why not on FDAX which isn't giving uparrows or the 6E which today is not giving down arrows.If the logic confuses one symbol why not all?
            I just looked at the log and there were errors at 933 which I think is when I was looking at other symbols. Is there away for the log to tell me which symbols generated the error
            Last edited by simpletrades; 11-07-2016, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

Previously answered: The reason you see it working some times and not other has to do with the fact that your logic has multiple conditions and if the first condition is not true it will not check the 1st or 2nd condition (which are looking at bars 1 & 2 ago) when processing the first bar, 2nd bar, 3rd bar, once you get through those the indicator would perform. When you do not see the arrows as expected, check the "log" tab of the control center for any error messages related to the indicator.

Comment

Thanks I'll play with that tonite but I still think the FDAX isn't responding because I didn't write the code in German in spite of what you think.

How do I tell It not to plot an arrow if the previous bar had one?

Comment

Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

If the arrows are not showing check the "log" tab of the control center for any error messages related to the indicator.

If you want to prevent plotting arrows on two bars in a row you would need to modify your conditions to include a check to see if the previous bar was one that an arrow was placed. You could do this by recording the bar number of the last time the code drew an arrow. for example:

In #region Variables, add:

private int saveBar = 0; // saveBar will hold the bar number of the latest arrow drawn

In the OnBarUpdate() method:

if ( Close[0]> Open[0] && Close[0]>High[1] && Close[2]< Open[2] && CurrentBar- saveBar > 1)
                  {
                  DrawArrowUp(" up" + CurrentBar, false, 0, Low[0]- (TickSize*dist), Color.Yellow);
                  saveBar = CurrentBar; // save the current bar number
                  }

The code: CurrentBar - saveBar > 1 will check that more than 1 bar has passed since the last arrow placed, use whatever number of bars in place of the 1 you wish

Comment

Thanks I'll try that tonite too, but didn't it used be coded if something happened on bar[1] do not plot?--

Comment

hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

Those are your existing code conditions that I added to for the example.

Comment

No I meant 4 or 5 years ago wasn't saying' do no plot' the way you would say not to draw something again if it already plotted

Comment

I'm using >3 for the repeat arrows and it looks fine. The big runs today now mostly show the first arrow only.
                          Thanks again.

Comment

alert on arrow

Now I want to add sound-- even just Alert1 in Program Files(x86) Ninja7 Sounds.
                            After... if (AlertBool == true) I don't know what to say.
                            Will you help please.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello simpletrades,

Thanks for your reply.

To play sounds you would use PlaySound(): http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...?playsound.htm

So where you draw the arrow you would add if(AlertBool) PlaySound(filename and file path string here);

Comment

I did it I think--it compiles. I wont know until I get an opportunity.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post algospoke  
                                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes