Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stop limit not supported for currencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop limit not supported for currencies

Hi
    I have seen similar question to mine below

I get this error message where stop limit are not spported for currencies. However I don't understand as for example Saxo bank accepts stop limit orders for FX. I know you don't work with them yet but is there anything to be done in NInja to create an order similar to stop limit for currencies by writing some specific code? I mean If I want to mirror a stop limit order for FX.

Thanks

Thank you for your question jakjak74. The attached code example gives you a greater degree of control over how profit target and stop loss orders are handled by creating a pair of OCO locked exit orders 3 ticks away from the entry price whenever the market is entered. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JessicaP; 01-30-2017, 09:12 AM.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jessica and thanks.
      Sorry for the late reply, Going through the code you sent I am not sure that answers my question.

Basically let's say we are at 100, and I want to go long if the market crosses 110 with a limit at 112. I need to do it in umanaged framework. Therefore I would have done that with
      SubmitOrder(0, OrderAction.Buy, OrderType.StopLimit, 1, 112, 110, ...)

Though this works for backtesting, I receive error messages for live data telling me this type of orders is not valid for currencies.

So is there a way of replicating the stop loss order for FX in NT?
      I am actually not sure why this is not already done as this type of order is accepted by some brokers.

Thanks for your help

Comment

You are correct that the code I sent is subject to the internal order handling rules, which prevent among other things hedging orders. Please note that beyond Ninja's IOH rules, your brokerage may have some rules that apply to live trading.

I am submitting another OCO example which uses unmanaged order handling. Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.
        Attached Files
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Yesterday, 09:37 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by firefoxforum12, Yesterday, 08:53 PM
        1 response