Collapse

Market Replay issues for 30-Jan-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it helps, I had the same Market Replay problem last year for both 24th Nov. (Thanksgiving) and 25th Nov. 2016 (black Friday), but I figured it might have something to do with US holidays so I removed those two days from the 'data' folder.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      I suggest to relocate your "data" folder once more while NinjaTrader is shut down. Subsequently start NinjaTrader and download new CL 03-17 data again. Check if it still replays without issue.
      This is odd. I have performed the above steps exactly as the first time earlier this morning but now it no longer plays fine. It now shows the issue even with just yesterday's data.

I stopped here, so I did not complete the procedure with the steps below.

Shut down NinjaTrader and restore the old "data" folder, but do not delete the new "data" folder yet. Within the old "data" folder, please substitute the folder named "20170130" with the folder from the new "data" folder.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue persists.

Comment

Could it be you have Market Replay data files located in the "db" folder or elsewhere in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder? If so, please remove them so there is only Market Replay files in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data folder. Please make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when you make these changes.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could it be you have Market Replay data files located in the "db" folder or elsewhere in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder? If so, please remove them so there is only Market Replay files in the Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->data folder. Please make sure NinjaTrader is shut down when you make these changes.
          Jason, I would exclude that. I know these are NT folders and I don't think I ever touched them per se. I also checked the NinjaTrader 7 top folder and looked into its structure, as far as I can tell there's nothing odd.

I attach a screenshot of the top db folder structure. I have checked them inside and, as far as I can tell, I can't see anything untoward in there either.

If there's a specific folder you want me to check I'm happy to do it.

Also please note, I don't mind getting rid of the entire db folder as long as my CL market replay data is left intact, so I am willing to try that if that helps.

Another thing: I just realized that the Friday 27th Jan 2017 (i.e. 2 trading days ago) has the very same issue. Screenshot 2 attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

I wanted to highlight that in the screenshot of 27th Jan I attached ealier you can see that the day is supposed to start at 05:00:00 but once again it starts a few second earlier.

edit: screenshot with the start attached here
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ntuser2017; 01-31-2017, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Yes, please shut down NinjaTrader and relocate the db folder to a different location or give it a different name.

Subsequently synch your PC clock. Please click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change date and time settings' and click 'Change time zone'. Select the time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be synched.

Start NinjaTrader and download new CL Market Replay data once more. Connect to the Market Replay and check if data is replayed as expected.

If so, please shut down NinjaTrader and relocate content of the old db folder in the new db folder. Please move one folder/file at a time and subsequently start NinjaTrader. Check if the CL still replays as expected.

Comment

Subsequently synch your PC clock. Please click the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change date and time settings' and click 'Change time zone'. Select the time zone and press 'OK'.

Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be synched.
                Thanks Jason, I am going to try all of that - regarding the clock, I generally sync it fairly regularly, however I do so with 'time.windows.com' because the nist.gov host often times out for me. Is that still okay?

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

Yes, please shut down NinjaTrader and relocate the db folder to a different location or give it a different name.

Start NinjaTrader and download new CL Market Replay data once more. Connect to the Market Replay and check if data is replayed as expected.

If so, please shut down NinjaTrader and relocate content of the old db folder in the new db folder. Please move one folder/file at a time and subsequently start NinjaTrader. Check if the CL still replays as expected.
                  Hi Jason

An update: I realized I have more days with the same type of issues. An additional 5 days where the Market Replay clock seems out of sync and L1 and L2 data also are out of sync.

I renamed the db folder. Then I followed your steps to sync the clock (using time.windows.com).

I re-downloaded the data in question. Somehow the days I had mentioned earlier (30th and 27th Jan) appear to be ok now, but the other 5 days are not.

I repeated the procedure, by closing NT, deleting the 'db' folder (not the original, but the one NT had recreated) and having NT recreating it from scracth.

Now however even if I download a single day it won't work.

Any possible further steps to try?

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Please go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Platform Support. Add 'Att Jason, 1652969' in the Subject field. Subsequently click Send to send the email.

Comment

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Please go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Platform Support. Add 'Att Jason, 1652969' in the Subject field. Subsequently click Send to send the email.
                      Thanks Jason, they are on their way.

Comment

Hi there Jason - just checking whether you have received the logs.

Comment

Unfortunately I have not received the files so far. Can you please send me your log and trace files manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to jason.hilling[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->trace

Comment

Unfortunately I have not received the files so far. Can you please send me your log and trace files manually. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Right click the log and trace folder and select Send to-->Compressed (zipped) folder. Subsequently attach both .zip files in your email and send it to jason.hilling[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->log

Windows start menu-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->trace
                            Thanks Jason, I have done that and sent via email.

Comment

Update

In the meantime, I have run a checkdisk to ensure there were no issues on the disk.

No issues were found.

Comment

Outcome of steps taken

Hi Jason

I have followed the steps from your email, namely

On NT 8 downloaded a few days that are affected on NT7
                                They do not appear to be affected on NT8

Renaming old NinjaTrader 7 folder, uninstalling and reinstalling NT from link
                                I have done that and copied back the db/data folder, but the issue remains.

What I also tried to do
                                I deleted the new NinjaTrader 7 folder and let it recreate after startup. Then I downloaded the affected days.
                                This time they seemed to work, however, since I made a mistake in downloading, I thought it was easier if I started from scratch again.

I deleted the new NinjaTrader 7 folder once again. After restarting NT and downloading a couple of days I tested it again and now it's got the same issues again.

I am at my wits' end about what the problem could be. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post rocketman7  
                                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes