• Show
Clear All

why the print ?

why the print at 2:15 pm pst ?

are 'you' going to get rid of it ?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170215.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170215.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew, I'm not interested in having a 'remote support application' on my computer,
      tho I'll take you up on the phone call later if the problem remains - not being able
      to get rid of the print.

Just at present, I'm still waiting on how and from where the erroneous data is being
      generated - CQG or NinjaTrader servers ?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

As we discussed over the email, this bar is generated with the :15 timestamp due to the session template. However, changing the session template to Default 24/7 did not resolve the time stamp on your end, which would be unexpected.

I can confirm the data from the data provider is correct, so the remote support would be intended to identify why this does not change on your end. However, I'm happy to continue working via email. Please feel free to respond to my most recent message at your convenience.

Comment

Drew:

"this bar is generated with the :15 timestamp due to the session template."

— I don't understand

where's the data coming from ? the ES market is closed between 2 and 3pm PST

"this bar is generated . . . due to the session template."

how is the session template generating the data ? and why is there only one bar ?
          and as far as the 'Default 24/7 session template' is concerned, see this:

'Saturday print ???'

Comment

Hello,

The session template determines the hours reflected on your chart. When "<Use Instrument Settings>" is selected, the CME US Index Futures Session Template is applied, which would spam from 5:00 PM previous day to 4:15 PM current day. You can view this and other session templates under Tools -> Session Manager.

The data you are seeing is provided by the data provider, but I can confirm this data is correct. With this chart, the time stamps one would see on the chart is a result of the settings. This means that since the time stamp is not changing when you change the session template and reload, unexpected behavior is occurring.

Now that we've ran some tests, I'd like to view an updated copy of your log and trace files. To continue investigating this, please reply to our email chain with an updated copy of your log and trace files.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20170216.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20170216.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi