Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Weis Wave Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weis Wave Indicator

Has anyone developed a "Weis Wave" indicator, which includes a volumn indicator, for NT, that they would be willing to share? Thanks.

cabmanage, I would not be aware of a freely shared replica of this commercial addon - http://www.tradingpsychologyedge.com/weiswave/
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

mboxwave ???

I took lessons from David Weis, which wasn't cheap, and bought his indicator
      for $500, which seemingly now is a waste of money. His indicator only accumulates
      volume and does not update the zig zag in real time. Recently I stumbled on
      mboxwave.com which is everything weis wave does plus a lot more, and is cheaper.
      I am pretty upset. Mboxwave can calculate time, delta volume, and for ninja trader.

Comment

Originally posted by jdouglas1972 View Post
        I took lessons from David Weis, which wasn't cheap, and bought his indicator
        for $500, which seemingly now is a waste of money. His indicator only accumulates
        volume and does not update the zig zag in real time. Recently I stumbled on
        mboxwave.com which is everything weis wave does plus a lot more, and is cheaper.
        I am pretty upset. Mboxwave can calculate time, delta volume, and for ninja trader.
        Actually, there are some free versions available that do all of the above plus a lot more. Just go to Big Mike's Trading (now it is Futures.io) and search for Price Action Swing indicator(s).

From a first glance, chances are more likely than not (almost certainly) that your indicator mentioned above is a pirated knock off copy of the PAS indicator originally written by dorschden on BMT.

You can find it here:

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

CHEERS!
        Last edited by aligator; 10-20-2015, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I downloaded PAS and tried it out. However it does NOT have real time calculations in its wave (which mboxwave does). The zig zag line does not update in real time!! Also does not have bid ask volume. I am reading that mboxwave has an algorithm for accumulating volume on up / down ticks to create the bid ask volume and hence can show delta volume. This seems like a feature I would really like to have.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I downloaded PAS and tried it out. However it does NOT have real time calculations in its wave (which mboxwave does). The zig zag line does not update in real time!! Also does not have bid ask volume. I am reading that mboxwave has an algorithm for accumulating volume on up / down ticks to create the bid ask volume and hence can show delta volume. This seems like a feature I would really like to have.
            Not quite true at all, If you have real time data. There have been over 28,000 downloads of PAS indicator. Suggest reading the Price Action Discussion Thread there. No question, mboxwave looks more pirated than ever.

But if you want to waste your $400 good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
              Not quite true at all, If you have real time data. There have been over 28,000 downloads of PAS indicator. Suggest reading the Price Action Discussion Thread there. No question, mboxwave looks more pirated than ever.

But if you want to waste your $400 good luck.
              You are wrong, PAS does not calculate in real time, check image attached. I have calculate on bar close set to false. The right most zig zag wave lacks any text or information

Comment

You are wrong, PAS does not calculate in real time, check image attached. I have calculate on bar close set to false. The right most zig zag wave lacks any text or information

I am afraid you are wrong, perhaps if you could read the code you would know how zigzag operates. Nothing is final until the the swing is completed. Here is a real time screen shot printed just now with time stamps, volume. etc. on the last swing.

So many features like money management, ABCD, Fibs, Gann swings, volume studies, and lots more.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by aligator; 10-29-2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Pretty happy with MBoxWave

There's not too much written about MBoxWave and that's a shame. It is an excellent indicator, I cannot say enough about it, it has transformed my trading. I was interested to see what other people have to say about it, since it doesn't seem to many people know about it. Visually and graphically it makes trading Wyckoff a reality. As Wyckoff said when the buying waves decrease and selling waves increase the market turns around. The concept of boxes and waves is genius, specifically watching the boxes tells me when the larger wave has turned.

I took this trade on the euro recently. The delta percent (shows how much buying or selling there is in a wave) at the 1% shows buying has dwindled. Along with shortening of the thrust. After this point the red boxes began to increase in size and length, and I knew that there was a change in behavior. The rest is history. Was an awesome trade.
                  Attached Files

Comment

New Video Live Trading

This is a great video of MBoxWave trading live on Crude Oil
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW5xs0f_5c4. These are the setups
                    I follow all day long for those that want to know how to trade this system.

Comment

aligator and Jdouglas - What I see is that your both right, part of the time. I am seeing the indicator Update when a new leg is confirmed by the swing function and sometimes not update at all for several swings. I think there is a bug in it. Further when I try and use the relative volume setting I get an Onbarupdate error on bar 7 arithmetic overflow. I am running the NT8 version. Can anyone tell me whether the relative setting is supposed to output the Delta volume of the swing ?

Thanks
                      Last edited by JerryWar; 12-22-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Weis Wave vs MBoxWave Wyckoff Video

I follow Mike's YouTube channel and see he's made a decent comparison of Weis Wave compared to MBoxWave for NinjaTrader. But that's not the most interesting part, the setups look really good.

Video comparison of Weis Wave vs MBoxWave Wyckoff Trading System for NinjaTrader 8. Overview of indicator settings and review of some setups. Available at ht...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                        16 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post samish18