Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ChartBars not valid when started from control center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartBars not valid when started from control center

I have a strategy that is running on a chart.
    I disable it by un-checking the Enable button in strategy tab of control center.
    Later I try to re-enable it by clicking on the 'Enable' button again of control center.

However, this time the strategy does not start up the same way because there are Chart related objects that are not initialized in the same way or at the same time as they were when strategy first loaded.
    For example, my code references the ChartBars object. I understand that this object is not valid when the strategy is run from a non-gui environment. However, the strategy is attached to a chart, a gui environment. I also found that the ChartControl.Parent object is likewise not initialized as it was when the strategy was first loaded.

Since the strategy is clearly running in a GUI environment, the GUI related objects should be valid.
    Seems like a bug.

Gary

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Do you have a sample you can provide that demonstrates the problems you are having?

If you can export a simple sample that just shows the object in question and where you are using it, along with steps to show the problem I can likely work out if it is a bug or expected. This would be an item I would likely need to be able to test and see the logic used to know what may be expected.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses