Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

External data to indicator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External data to indicator question

I have an indicator that draws some plots. Other trading friends have seen my results and would like to use my indicator. I have an issue is I won't let the source or object code out of my hands. Any computer code on the planet can be reverse engineered. It may not be fun and may not be easy but it can be done. I have 9 years invested in refining this critter so I won't let it go. Happy to share the plots just not the program that computes it.

Is there a supported method for me to retrieve the indicator plot values to plot real time? It doesn't need to be a data feed. The thinking was I could stream the data to a local data base via a separate process. Then retrieve the data base data via the indicator and draw the plot required from sent data. For it to work I would need to send tick data so it can be summarized in any other chart time frame.

Any wild thoughts? Not an issue if I can't but told a friend I would investigate the option.

Cheers.
    Last edited by ct; 01-11-2017, 03:00 AM.

Hello ct,

Thank you for your post.

There would not be any items in NinjaScript that would serve this functionality. NinjaScript is C# and therefore libraries can be used for advanced functionality. However, this would be outside the scope of support we can provide here. One of our forum members may be able to assist here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
    3 responses
    1 like
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn