Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator on different version of NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator on different version of NT8

I made an indicator on ninjatrader, but when I share it with someone else we get different results. He has the direct free edition. We're both using the same chart settings / instrument settings. The indicator uses tick replay. Previous versions of it worked fine, but I added some new code and now he only gets results that occur on the offer of tick replay. We re-downloaded the data and are still getting the same odd results.

Hello habibalex,

Thanks for your post.

Are you both on the same version of NT8? ( look in Help>About)

If you are on the same version, please once again delete your historical data and also delete the cached data in Documents>NinjaTrader8>db>Cache> and retest.

If you use a standard Ninjatrader indicator, do you also see different results or is it only with your custom code?
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Paul for some reason, when we opened everything up the next day it started working. Neither of us changed anything. It's still working today, so not sure what was up on friday. We both restarted our platforms and were on the newest versions.

I only saw issues with my custom indicator since it was using tick replay. The problem was that mine was loading the bid / ask data in the onmarketdata function, but his was not. Not sure what changed between fri and today tho.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
      12 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DrakeiJosh  
      Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post rhubear