Attention MB Trading users - Bad Data needs fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attention MB Trading users - Bad Data needs fixed

If you are using MB Trading data feed, do you see the same thing I do every day?

I have been focusing only on SPY for many months. Every day at 0801 and a few more ticks and then again between 1601 and 1750, bad ticks. These bad ticks are usually accompanied by unusually high volume and I don't know to trust those magnitudes higher volume either. Sometimes I will take the last 2 integers off the volume.

I have opened 2 support tickets with MB Trading asking them to get this fixed but like every other ticket I have opened with them, nothing ever happens. That is pretty sorry in my opinion but you can't beat their low commissions.

Trying to live with this but I'm looking for support from other traders to force MB Trading to do something. I will call and speak to the owners if I need to in order to get something done about this.

On the other hand, if you know that there is nothing that can be done or want to share your experiences with this issue and MB Trading, please chime in.

If we can get enough people on this forum to agree, I will go to them and try to force it.

Your thoughts?

Hello gdavis74,

I have not heard of anything like this before but have you tried using NinjaTrader's "Filter bad ticks" option?

You may try this by going to Tools -> Options -> Data tab and check the "Filter bad ticks" box and set the percentage off market you would like to filter.

Let me know if this helps.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

JC, thanks for the response. I have bad tick filtering on. I opened a case with NT many months ago about this. Tick filtering helps some. The NT support person I worked with actually reproduced this same problem with NT's MB Trading data feed. Can you find that ticket I opened and let me know whatever might have gotten resolved? My email address is [email protected]. I don't know what else you need to find the ticket. My NT login is gdavis74.

The reality is there are two problems: 1) Bad tick filtering does not work well because if the filter is set at 0.1%, and if SPY price is for example 165.89, the filter will correct any price .166 or greater. That is almost 17 points and on a chart, anything incorrect from about 3 points up to 17 points is still too much of an error. 2) MB Trading's data feed is poor when using the data series SPY ETH , extended hours. I talked to MB Trading about this too and they said, Oh, just change to RTH, regular hours. Well I have found that is not good enough when it comes to indicators and charting, the extended hours data is also needed.

Anyhow, if you can find the NT support ticket I opened and let me know what may have been figured out, that would help some.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gdavis74 View Post
        JC, thanks for the response. I have bad tick filtering on. I opened a case with NT many months ago about this. Tick filtering helps some. The NT support person I worked with actually reproduced this same problem with NT's MB Trading data feed. Can you find that ticket I opened and let me know whatever might have gotten resolved? My email address is [email protected]. I don't know what else you need to find the ticket. My NT login is gdavis74.

The reality is there are two problems: 1) Bad tick filtering does not work well because if the filter is set at 0.1%, and if SPY price is for example 165.89, the filter will correct any price .166 or greater. That is almost 17 points and on a chart, anything incorrect from about 3 points up to 17 points is still too much of an error. 2) MB Trading's data feed is poor when using the data series SPY ETH , extended hours. I talked to MB Trading about this too and they said, Oh, just change to RTH, regular hours. Well I have found that is not good enough when it comes to indicators and charting, the extended hours data is also needed.

Anyhow, if you can find the NT support ticket I opened and let me know what may have been figured out, that would help some.

Thanks
        In my experience, if it is MBTrading, better figure out how you are going to live with it, because I have never gotten a satisfactory response to any technical issue that I have ever raised. YMMV. (If you want to know, yes, I have seen those spikes, and before I got religion, I was prematurely booted out of many positions by those spikes).

Comment

Hello gdavis74,

In reviewing the tickets that you have sent in appears that the bad information that you are talking about is with both Historical and Real-Time data. This is all going to be provided by your Data Provider. For Real-Time data NinjaTrader has the "Filter Bad Ticks" and for Historical Data you may exclude the Historical Data from NinjaTrader loading it.

Here is a link to our Help Guide that goes over how you may "Exclude" data using the Historical Data Manager.

The only other option that I can think of would be to use a different data provider like Kinetick or another one of our Supported Data Providers.

Happy to be of further assistance.
          JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
          6 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post mathewlo  
          Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
          0 responses