Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Format Price Marker width bug on 6J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Format Price Marker width bug on 6J?

Hi there,

I've been trading the 6J contract for a few weeks now and I've noticed despite overriding FormatPriceMarker that my right axis margin is excessively wide. My strong hunch would be that the chart price marker width is determined by the maximum indicator value (including decimals) on the chart rather than the actual printed formatted value. It also does this even when the show price marker is false.

eg. My indicator has a value of -5479.0000000 on the JPY. If I override FormatPriceMarker to zero decimal places I get -5479. However the price marker width is still making room for the 'phantom' .0000000.

Please look at the image below for comparison.

I have some small width charts so this is removing too much chart screen space and getting a bit annoying.

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sim22; 05-19-2017, 08:52 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

Do you happen to have an example you could provide showing the data the indicator is using along with the syntax used to override?

In the case that your indicator is using the 6J data but is plotting in the JPY panel, I could see how that would be expected as the TickSize of the Input series is being used. This would entail that the panel also shows that granularity.

In cases where the indicator is not adding data, or referencing the 6J I would suspect that the scale returns to the JPY scale if it were using the JPY data.

If you have a sample that shows specifically the syntax used along with steps on how you are applying the indicator, I could check if anything else could be changed or if we could submit a feature/bug report based on what is being done.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

sorry for the confusion as I wrote this in a hurry.

I am not using USDJPY, just 6J futures. There is no forex data used at all.

I am using:

PHP Code:

public override string FormatPriceMarker(double price)
      {
           return 
      price.ToString("N0");

Please have a look at the image below. This time I have converted the NT8 default volume indicator.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sim22; 05-19-2017, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification.

In this case, it looks like the scale is adjusting for the TickSize and value used. I wasn't actually able to see this happen from testing on my end. Would you be able to provide an indicator sample that shows how you are setting the value along with the settings it uses that reproduce this?

I would be happy to report this to development for review but would need to further understand the criteria to cause this.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Upon further testing I think it's a corrupt xml chart template. I tried it on a new blank chart and it works as it should. I made the mistake of assuming an old 'blank' chart is not necessarily a blank chart! I found if I started with the corrupt template, removed all the indicators and then added new ones again, the margin would still have the error.

I'm sorry for wasting your time.......

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses
          1 like
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
          4 responses