Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulated Data for IntraDay chart

have 2 questions:

1) Can anyone tell why I cant use Simulated Datafeed for intra-day charts?

for example, i want to test Indicator on a simulated chart. but I cant open 1/5/15min simulated chart.. While I setup it in Instrument manager, and using on chart, it starts to "be live" at this moment, and the first bar is starting to build at this moment (and i dont want to wait days till the several-days data will be shown...) instead I want at this moment, to have backtesting days available.

2) I imported intraday data file (which has about 30 days data. But on chart, i only got the bars of last 4 days. before that, chart is not loaded. why?
    Last edited by ttodua; 05-15-2017, 02:17 AM.

Hello selnomeria,

Unfortunately this is as expected with the Simulated Data Feed. It provides realtime data only and no historical data. So charts build price bars after you got connected.

If you have access to a data feed/broker connection that provides historical data for the instrument in question, please connect to this connection first and create the chart. Subsequently disconnect the data feed/broker connection and connect to the Simulated Data Feed. The chart keeps the historical data it loaded from the data feed/broker connection and will build new price bars based on the Simulated Data Feed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Check the 'Days to load' setting and make sure it requests the 30 days you imported.

Do you see the imported data at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data-->Edit-tab?
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post CortexZenUSA  
      Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
      0 responses