Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MarketAnalyzer Column calling my Addin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarketAnalyzer Column calling my Addin

Hi,

I want to write a MA column, that will call my addin class, but my class uses several indicators, therefore I must pass an indicator object. Unfortunately when I do this, in the MarketAnalyzer column script, it gives me an error.

The reason why I am wanting to do MA column rather than just use my own indicator placed inside an MA, is because I detect compound conditions and i need a textual representation of what is going on. I know I can do conditions to set text representations of numerical outputs, but... i have many conditions and they compound exponentially. So I need to write text to a column

So, is there a way to..

1) have a marketanalyzercolumn project call an object that needs an indicator reference, as my class uses several built in ninjatrader indicators and they require an indicator reference to be passed.

2) an ability for an indicator to write text into a MA cell.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for your question KhaosTrader. The attached Market Analyzer column is able to pull in data during its OnBarUpdate routine from an SMA indicator. Would it be possible to modify the attached strategy so it causes the same behavior you are observing?
    Attached Files
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for this code, I will work on this now, to explore it. And get back to you..
      But one question, is it possible to fire the OnBarUpdate to be OnBarClose?

Thanks for your continued help..

Comment

Thank you for your question. OnBarClose is the default behavior of OnBarUpdate, and OnBarUpdate is a Common method of any NinjaScript object. You can change its Calculate member to control the behavior of OnBarUpdate, and this is documented here.

You will see in the breadcrumb links at the top that Calculate is underneath the Common folder. Anything in this folder was designed to work with any NinjaScript object, including Market Analyzer Columns.

Comment

Ok got this to work..

Last question, can I programatically change the background color of the column cell or the font attributes like color also?

thank you so much for your help

Comment

The only way this is possible at this time is through right-clicking on a chart and selecting properties, or programmatically, by digging through the WPF following the advice here,

Log in to Jira, Confluence, and all other Atlassian Cloud products here. Not an Atlassian user? Sign up for free.

I have submitted a feature request to the product management team for the following feature :

This customer would like direct supported programmatic control over how the Market Analyzer window is displayed, such as having the ability to change background colors
            I will follow up with more information as soon as it's available. If the feature requests already exists, a vote will be added to it.

Please let us know if there are any other ways we can help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes