Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Square of 9 from NT 7 to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square of 9 from NT 7 to NT8

Hello, in this forum, the SQ9 is available for the NT 7 but I cannot convert it to NT 8.

Does somebody know the programming to convert it?

Hello ManiakTT,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

NinjaTrader Support would not convert by request in most cases. However, we are going through the available NinjaTrader 7 indicators, strategies and other NinjaScript objects posted on the forums and providing converted versions. Can you provide a link to the SQ9 for NinjaTrader 7 on the forum?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Find the link bellow for the "square of 9" indicator, but it is v6.5 maybe:

I attached the V7.

Best regards.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ManiakTT; 08-15-2016, 09:50 AM. Reason: adding file

Comment

Hello ManiakTT,

I have added this to our list of indicators to be converted. There is no set release date for the conversions as they are released once converted.

Comment

Well, glad to ear it.

Thanks for your support.

Comment

Has there been progress with the conversion of this indicator to Ninja Trader 8? If not where is the best place to watch for the conversion to appear after it has been converted.
            Also is it possible for you to put the list you speak of for NT7 indicators up for conversion to NT8 on the forum so we can see how far down the list other indicators we are waiting for are. This would help with strategy planing over the next few months.

Comment

Hello jamarc,

Thank you for your post.

We would not be posting a list or progress report on the indicators. These conversions are being performed as a courtesy when time permits.

if you would like to take on converting scripts there are a few key items to look for when converting your scripts from NinjaTrader 7 format to NinjaTrader 8, and we keep a Code Breaking Changes table updated in the NinjaTrader 8 Help Guide to assist in identifying changes or new implementations of familiar methods and properties from NinjaTrader 7: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_changes.htm

The biggest things that you will run into when converting will be:
              • Initialization has changed significantly. Initialize() has been replaced with OnStateChange(), which can be used to filter out different stages of the entire life cycle of a script (SetDefaults, Configure, Historical, Realtime, Terminated, etc.) OnStateChange() is fully covered in the Help Guide.
              • The names of many methods and properties have changed slightly, so you will need to refactor these in your code. The Code Breaking Changes table can make this task much easier, and there is also an alphabetical reference in the Help Guide that can help to find new method/property names: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._reference.htm
              • In numerous instances, you now have direct access to objects, where in NinjaTrader 7 you had to work with interfaces. For example, rather than the IOrder interface, you now have direct access to an Order object and its related fields. This will require a change in the way items like this are handled in your code.

As always, we are more than happy to help out with tips and advice in this area, although we do not offer full script conversion services.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Thanks for the update Patrick. While I have been able to update a couple of simple indicators to NT8 I don't think my programing skills are quite good enough to update one this complex. I will just patiently wait for when time permits for one of the Gurus to convert it. Thanks again for the update :-)

Comment

Try this version. All I did was run it through the converter and manually change a few pieces of code that did not automatically get converted. I tested it against the NinjaTrader 7 version and I was receiving the same levels, so hopefully this will help you out until there is an official version since I didn't update any of the logic inside.

Originally posted by ManiakTT View Post
                  Hello, in this forum, the SQ9 is available for the NT 7 but I cannot convert it to NT 8.

Does somebody know the programming to convert it?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post GLFX005
                  by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                  2 responses