Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Kagi as an Idicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kagi as an Idicator

Hi,

I found the thread attached below and would like to know if that's the logic I need to follow in order to simply plot Kagi as a line on a regular tick chart?

Also do forgive the silly question, but can I simply copy the chart code and create that as an indicator as well?

All I'm looking for again is simply plotting the movement of Kagi logic on my regular tick charts without having to visual reference another chart that's used solely Kagi as the bar type.

Thanks for any guidance/comments on this.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

I want to clarify what you are you wanting to do.

The link you provided is to a thread that shows how to detect in code when the color is changing of the Kagi line.

Are you wanting to show a different data series or interval with the chart style on top of a tick chart?
    (Set the panels of each data series to the same panel)

Do you have a 100T chart with the KagiLine chart style applied and you are wanting to detect the colors of this changing?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm running a 1500 tick chart with OHLC bars and I'm simply looking to add the Kagi lines as an overlay on the same 1500 OHLC tick chart.

I understand that there are certain inputs required for the Kagi like the reversal and data series (base period type and value), so my assumption and intention is to use a 4181 volume Kagi with a 6 reversal all overlayed/plotted on my 1500 tick chart.

Comment

Hello Mike,

With NinjaTrader 7, this would not be possible and would require two charts.
        When adding a data series to a chart in NT7 the instrument and interval pair must be unique.

So while you could overlay a 1501 tick chart over the 1500 chart and set the chart style for this to KagiLine, NT7 will not allow you to add the 1500 of the same instrument twice.

NinjaTrader 8 will allow this.

A custom designed indicator would allow you to call the bar values and plot this on the chart, but this would require custom rendering by overloading the Plot method which is somewhat advanced.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes