Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDOM is frequently wrong, out-of-sync, lagging

Hi,

I trade CL and for many months now (possibly/probably always on NT8, though not 100% sure, but def through 4+ upgrades in that time), the DOM will frequently lag the chart. For example, if I want to buy CL at 45.35, the dom will show me a bid/ask at .33/.34 for example, yet my buy limit for .35 doesn't fill, because in reality (which my charts and Time&Sales show accurately), CL is already/currently trading up at .36 or higher. The disparity can get very wide and remain out of sync for many seconds and this regularly happens multiple times within say an hour. This is not a fast-moving-market or news kind of thing. This happens during exceptionally normal and uninteresting times.

Is this something that has been observed and acknowledged by other NT8 users and NT itself? Can we get this resolved please?

Thank you,
    biegea

Hello biegea,

Thank you for your post,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

I tested this on my end using Kinetick and am not seeing seeing this occur. So we can further diagnose your system, can you please test the issue while NinjaTrader is in Safe Mode?

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:

Loading workspaces.
    Connecting on start-up.
    Loading custom assemblies.
    Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:

Exit NinjaTrader.
    Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Once in safe mode, open a new CL 06-17 SuperDOM and Chart to test the issue.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by biegea View Post
      DOM will frequently lag the chart.
      Is this something that has been observed and acknowledged by other NT8 users and NT itself?
      I have seen this behavior when CPU usage exceeds 25% or so, which depends upon how processor-intensive my workspace charts are and how active the market is.

To troubleshoot, I'd suggest starting with a minimal workspace that contains only a single SuperDOM with no extra columns and a MarketAnalyzer with only a Time last tick column to compare with your system clock. Then, if the SuperDOM does not lag, add a single chart without any indicators. Then add your indicators, one at a time, to the chart until you observe the lagging behavior. By rebuilding your workspace, one element at a time, you should be able to identify the bottleneck.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
        Hello biegea,

Thank you for your post,

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

I tested this on my end using Kinetick and am not seeing seeing this occur. So we can further diagnose your system, can you please test the issue while NinjaTrader is in Safe Mode?

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:

Loading workspaces.
        Connecting on start-up.
        Loading custom assemblies.
        Getting instrument updates from the server.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:

Exit NinjaTrader.
        Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

Once in safe mode, open a new CL 06-17 SuperDOM and Chart to test the issue.

We look forward to assisting further.
        8.0.5.2 64-bit (Standard)
        CQG

The issue is sporadic and unpredictable (although user tradesmart provided ideas around overal CPU being a potential culprit). Forcing the issue to arise in safe mode with only one chart up may not be easy to do. Fact of the matter is, I had much more intense workspaces running in NT7 and never experienced this issue. I will let you know if my safe mode test reveals anything, but what else can be done in the meantime to investigate.

Comment

NinjaTrader 8 is more sophisticated than NinjaTrader 7 in its ability to utilize your PC's resources, however, it is still possible to bog down NinjaTrader 8. NinjaTrader 8 is multi-threaded and can assign tasks out across all available threads, but it is possible to 'overload' a single thread in many ways. Some basic examples:
          • Many (the definition of many will depend on the power of your PC) windows all running the same instrument
          • Many windows running many instruments
          • Process heavy NinjaScript (calculate = on each tick)

Without knowing more specific information about your workspace and add-ons, it would be very difficult to give you any specific meaningful tests to run.

I'd recommend writing into Platform Support[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum thread and reference "1700527 ATTN Patrick G". We can then work together to find a solution for your specific case.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Christopher_R  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          166 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80