Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMX Stock Exchange

Hello
    Just bought myself an eSignal subscription for a month ago, but disappointing enough NinjaTrader doesn't support the OMX Exchange.

I'm using MultiCharts also, where I know it's possible to add the exchanges manually, maybe NT could take that feature as an upcoming

Well anyway.. I need the OMX http://www.omxgroup.com/omxcorp/?languageId=1

How can you help me? I really like NinjaTrader so far and would be unhappy not to use my eSignal with OMX

FYI: Btw. a symbol from eSignal is written like this OMX-VWS when it comes from OMX (this is for Vestas Wind Systems)
    I've tried to add a symbol and just place it under another exchange, but I got an warning saying "The 'Master Instrument' field...."

Kind regards
    Janus

Hello Januson:

Thank you for your post and providing the helpful information for this exchange.

I will check with development as to our plans to support this exchange and if/when this will be supported.

We will then post a follow up to this topic.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried to find the OMX exchange on the Signal symbol mapping page but failed: http://kb.esignalcentral.com/display...39&r=0.7481043

Where would I find the eSignal mapping definition for that exchange?

Thanks

Comment

I checked with esignal a couple of weeks ago, and they didn't offer data from OMX then.

Nick

Comment

Thanks for that feedback.

Comment

I've been away for a while, so... Yes eSignal does have OMX, I've been using them as a provider for the last 3 years.

Currently I'm using MultiCharts

Take a look here: http://www.dbc.com/SymbolLookup/Inte...ading#European.

Comment

I am evaluating Ninjatrader and I am disappointed to see that OMX still isn't supported.

Are there any plans to change this or should I look for another platform?

(Note: I am using Interactive brokers as data feed)
              Last edited by nederhrj; 01-13-2009, 08:30 AM. Reason: Adding data feed

Comment

Hello nederhrj,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                  Hello nederhrj,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
                  Not to be rude, but I find it extremely weird that such a simple request should be considered and added to a future list.

Furthermore, as a software developer I cannot understand why it's something that needs maintenance by You NT, it should be fairly simple to create it as a user input/ setting.

Comment

To put this into right perspective: adding an exchange requires codes changes in NT (for various reasons). We understood the importance of your request and added it to the list of futures considerations.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
                      To put this into right perspective: adding an exchange requires codes changes in NT (for various reasons). We understood the importance of your request and added it to the list of futures considerations.
                      I just want to add that I also, along with MANY others, want the scandinavian exchanges (and particularly the Swedish OMXS30 index and index futures) to be supported in Ninja Trader. As Januson said, it is surprising and disappointing that we still can not use only Ninja Trader for charting because of this lack of support. Especially since the OMX is supported in many other and seemingly simpler charting programs, such as QuoteTracker and Interactive Brokers TWS.
                      Last edited by Fierze; 12-08-2009, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                        171 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
                        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                        2 responses