Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market replay, visual update on every tick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay, visual update on every tick?

Hi,

when I use market replay in NT 8.0.5.2, the chart is updated at 1-second intervals. According to the manual, this is intended behaviour:
    Note: When using market replay, the NinjaTrader core market data updates occur at the granularity provided by the market data provider. However, the NinjaTrader user interface only visually updates in 1-second intervals for performance optimizations. Even though the NinjaTrader UI's are only visually updating at 1-second intervals, orders and indicators will calculate just as they were running in real-time.
    I would like the UI to update on every tick. For the market I trade (FDAX), multiple ticks per second are common and may cover even 10 or 20 FDAX points during that time. Limiting the update frequency to 1 second pretty much destroys the visual perception of the market when compared to the live market experience. Sub-second candle movement serves to properly identify the actions of market participants. Given that a replay feature is extremely useful for training and retrospective analysis, I find it essential to replicate this live experience as closely as possible.

Can this be considered for a future update? I understand there may be performance concerns, so having tick-by-tick visual updates as an option would be fine.

Thanks,
    Stefan.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will forward this as a feature request to the Development Team.

Comment

Hi,

just taking the opportunity to emphasize the importance of this feature to me.

Thank you and kind regards,
      Stefan.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. This feature is being tracked as SFT-2099. This feature currently has 1 vote (yours). I have no further updates at this time.

Comment

I can only support this of the time interval is low.

At max it might destroy performance. I'm currently happy with 3 years 3 months of data at 8 hours replay.

Edit: Another point of contention might be that 1X is no longer close to 1 second. In NT7, 1x is pretty close to 1 second, but over 8 hours, it falls behind. I haven't tested NT8 in this fashion, so it might hold up or it might not.
          Last edited by sledge; 04-27-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I have noticed in 8.0.6.1 that the replay is updating the screen centering on every sec regardless of price movement. What this means is that the screen is bouncing on every update if you use fixed scaling with centering. This was fixed a couple of versions back for Real Time to be less sensitive but I am now noticing I can't take a measurement off the screen to move my stops because of the bouncing.

Comment

Thank you Patrick,

for clarification of this feature request I'd like to add:
              - Replay for me is useful for reviewing past market situations for manual trading (I am not using any strategies)
              - My replay speed is 1x, sometimes 2x, not faster. It would be sufficient if tick-by-tick visual updates only happen at 1x speed, if performance is a concern.

Kind regards,
              Stefan.

Comment

Thanks for the additional clarification. I will include this in the feature request. The tracking number is SFT-2099.

Comment

Has this feature been added yet?

Comment

Hello Robelius,

Thank you very much for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

This feature request is still open at this time and has not yet been implemented.

Feature requests are regularly assessed by our development team. Their implementation is based on many factors, such as the feasibility and the number of requests we received.

Please don't hesitate to let me know, should you have any further questions!
                    Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ryjoga
                    by ryjoga

Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses