More data on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More data on chart

Is it possible to view 15 days worth of data on a 1 minute chart?

I want to see the highs and lows for the past 15 days or more? Is this possible?

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

You can change how many days of historical data a chart is loading in it's Data Series menu. You can access this menu by right-clicking inside the chart and selecting "Data Series."

The easiest way to do this would be to open a Daily chart with at least 15 days of historical data to load. You can then view each individual bar to view it's High and Low value.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew, thank you for a prompt response.

Just to confirm, can I see say 15 days of 1 minute data? Or is there a limit?

I need to see intra-day high and lows. I won't be able to do this on daily chart.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for your note.

You can change how many days of historical data a chart is loading in it's Data Series menu. You can access this menu by right-clicking inside the chart and selecting "Data Series."

The easiest way to do this would be to open a Daily chart with at least 15 days of historical data to load. You can then view each individual bar to view it's High and Low value.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Provided your data provider provides the historical data you are looking for, you should be able to view it on a chart.

Could you please clarify what you would be seeking? A daily chart would show the day's Open, High, Low, and Close values for the day. If you were attempting to find the High and Low over a certain span of time during a previous day in the past, you would likely need to use a custom indicator.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew,

Which data provider is known for good historical data? When I say historical I mean up to 1 month of 1 mins bar, say 5 months of 5 mins, and so on.

I am trying to mark out all the highs and lows on a 1 minute timeframe for at least the past 16 days. if squeeze the chart I should be able to view it one screen.

Is this doable?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Provided your data provider provides the historical data you are looking for, you should be able to view it on a chart.

Could you please clarify what you would be seeking? A daily chart would show the day's Open, High, Low, and Close values for the day. If you were attempting to find the High and Low over a certain span of time during a previous day in the past, you would likely need to use a custom indicator.

Comment

Shyads1, thank you for your post!

We do offer futures and forex demos from our website which will allow you to load this much historical data (instruments vary). Below I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for futures and/or forex data which expire after two weeks.

http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData

If you're looking for a subscription to a data provider, Kinetick has been optimized to be the fastest, most stable, and most affordable data solution for the NinjaTrader 7 platform. The Basic Service package for $55/month is our base fee for receiving market data and real-time exchange fees can be added individually to suit your trading needs. You can view a list of supported exchanges and the corresponding exchange fees from the Kinetick subscription page:

I would also be happy to provide you with a price quote including the exchange fees if you can provide me with a list of symbols that you are trading.
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
              Shyads1, thank you for your post!

We do offer futures and forex demos from our website which will allow you to load this much historical data (instruments vary). Below I have provided a link to our site where you can request a free demo for futures and/or forex data which expire after two weeks.

http://ninjatrader.com/FreeLiveData

If you're looking for a subscription to a data provider, Kinetick has been optimized to be the fastest, most stable, and most affordable data solution for the NinjaTrader 7 platform. The Basic Service package for $55/month is our base fee for receiving market data and real-time exchange fees can be added individually to suit your trading needs. You can view a list of supported exchanges and the corresponding exchange fees from the Kinetick subscription page:

I would also be happy to provide you with a price quote including the exchange fees if you can provide me with a list of symbols that you are trading.
              Thank you Riley.

I must that's expensive to pay $55 + exchange fees. Any reason why its so expensive?

I am trading the YM, is that the CBOE?

Thanks

Comment

Hello Shyads1,

Thank you for the post.

Kinetick distributes data on behalf of various exchanges and providers. All data for Kinetick would come directly from the exchange.

The YM is on the CBOT exchange.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
                Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                16 responses
                0 likes