Exiting with open trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exiting with open trades

So I found out today that if I have open orders in NT that I can't exit out the program or orders won't get filled, I assume ther is no way to avoid this, I have to keep the program opened 24/7 as long as i have orders open? What if the platform freezes up or malfunctions to where I have to restart it when I am in front of my screen, or worse it does it when I'm away from my screen? You guys don't keep track of orders? It's just a demo account, but I would've been upset if I were already live trading.

Another thing is in beta 8 all indicators can be drawn on separately to where when I make horizontal trend lines on one chart and then I switch pairs to another chart the indicators are starting from scratch, however in nt7 if I draw on an indicator, then switch charts, the same markings are still showing, is there a way to address this? I can't keep track of historical peaks and troughs with the ease of nt8 beta?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160727.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160727.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

On not running the PC 24/7.... Why can't you initialize the order time-in-force to GTC and still power down your PC and recover with orders still good to go?

Code:
      protected override void Initialize()
      { 
           TimeInForce = Cbi.TimeInForce.Gtc;
      }
      There are other control panel settings such as the Tools-Options-Misc tab for closing orders at time of day. Per the guide... "12:00:00 AM" setting disables this feature.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kulwinder73