Drawing tools, save/load, Indicator drawing and more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing tools, save/load, Indicator drawing and more

I would like to use NT as a charting software, to analyse an study stocks for my academic studies. So far, from all software i have tested, NT seems to be the best.
    But there are some questions, which i like to discus.

I use drawing tools often, to make marks, notes, trendlines, and stuff. This is the moste important tool for me. Second one is to test and compare several indicators/stratgies in different market situations.

My questions:
    - Closing a chart window will delete, without confirmation, all drawing objects?
    -- Means, do never ever close a chart or you loose your work
    - There is no way to backup, save and load drawing object, on a given data-series
    - Drawings on a indicator panel are "global", means if you change the shown data-series, the drawing object stays visible, so basicly drawing on a indicator panel makes no sense if you like to swich the data-series?
    -- And if you remove the indicator, drawing object an that indicator are also deleted anyway, means, never ever switch templates.
    - User created drawing object will be automatical deleted after 20 days (readed here in the forum), if not reviewed (sounds for me like a limitation for NT trail version?)

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you.
    A new NT user :-)

Hello Tread,

Thanks for posting.

1.) "Closing a chart window will delete, without confirmation, all drawing objects?"
    If the settings were not saved as part of a workspace, yes.

2.) "Means, do never ever close a chart or you loose your work"
    No, just be sure to save before closing the chart.

3.) "here is no way to backup, save and load drawing object, on a given data-series
    - Drawings on a indicator panel are "global", means if you change the shown data-series, the drawing object stays visible, so basicly drawing on a indicator panel makes no sense if you like to swich the data-series?"

To save the settings, click File > Workspaces > Save Workspace.

4.) "And if you remove the indicator, drawing object an that indicator are also deleted anyway, means, never ever switch templates."

If the settings are not saved in advance, this is correct.

5.) "User created drawing object will be automatical deleted after 20 days (readed here in the forum), if not reviewed (sounds for me like a limitation for NT trail version?)"

The objects are not deleted, but they will no longer be shown in the chart.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes