Close open pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close open pricing

I am trying to create a strategy using the wizard which compares the closing price from the previous day with the opening price from today, but I'm not having much luck. Are there any additional tutorials, other than the two in the help section?

Thanks,
    Dale

Hi Dale, welcome to our forums!

Have you seen the help guide yet? You can click on this link, and then on the left side (table of contents) scroll down, and click on Strategy Wizard. In this section there are many examples to get you started.

With regards to comparing the closing price from the previous day, and the opening price from today, you can take a look at CurrentDayOHL and PriorDayOHLC. To do what you'd like in the wizard, please see my attached picture.

In the picture, just as an example, the code says this: "if the current open is greater than the prior close"
    Attached Files
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
      Hi Dale, welcome to our forums!

Have you seen the help guide yet? You can click on this link, and then on the left side (table of contents) scroll down, and click on Strategy Wizard. In this section there are many examples to get you started.

With regards to comparing the closing price from the previous day, and the opening price from today, you can take a look at CurrentDayOHL and PriorDayOHLC. To do what you'd like in the wizard, please see my attached picture.

In the picture, just as an example, the code says this: "if the current open is greater than the prior close"
      Thanks Austin, I am brand new, I had seen some help sections, but the link you gave me looks much better.

Dale

Comment

You're welcome, Dale. The first link I sent to you takes you right to the Help Guide. There is plenty of information located there--it is basically the manual for our program.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes