Iab cfd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iab cfd

When I try to load a Chart with a CFD Instrument (GER30) connected to IAB (via TWS)
    I receive "IB was unable to locate instrument. Please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument @GER30 Default."

In my TWS the symbol for GER30 is IBDE30 . In the NT instrument list the symbol for GER30 is IBDE30||||EUR. Can I use GER30 for the IAB IBDE30 CFD?

Frank

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your post.

Are you able to access data for this instrument within TWS itself? The default symbol mapping for the instrument appears to be correct based on the information I see related to this instrument in Interactive Brokers' symbol lookup however I am unable to confirm that these settings will function as our testing account is not authorized for data for CFDs.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I've been struggling with this too, have tried adding symbols through instrument manager. For example tried to add a CFD instrument for AAPL with it mapped to AAPL through IQ feed and AAPLn through Interactive Brokers but see error messages in the log saying it was unable to locate the instrument through Interactive Brokers.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Are you able to access data for this instrument within TWS itself?

Comment

Yes. See pic...

Frank
          Attached Files

Comment

I'm able to also.

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you both for getting back to me.

Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and tell me when you would be available for a brief phone call where we can review the instrument's settings remotely.

Comment

So, you will not support stock CFD's in NT8 concerning the issue from tdouglas.

What about the Future CFD's which I reported GER30 (IBDE30). See opening thread.
                Kyle I think you mixed the issue from me Frank (starcd) and Tim (tdouglas)...

Frank (starcd)

Comment

Hello Frank,

So that we can move forward with an investigation of the issue with GER30 which you reported please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and tell me when you would be available for a brief phone call where we can review the instrument's settings remotely.

Comment

Hello,

Same for me, whatever the IB CFD symbol.

See logs with an IBFR40 position opened from TWS:
                    7/17/2015 5:55:59 AM,Position,Received position for unknown symbol 'IBFR40' error 'Received Interactive Brokers contract with no exchange set for symbol 'IBFR40'',
                    7/17/2015 5:53:00 AM,Connection,IB was unable to locate instrument. Please verify your symbol mapping is correct for instrument @FRA40 Default,

I kept the original mapping: "IBFR40||||EUR"
                    I tried to map this symbol to the SMART exchange but there is no SMART exchange available.

Comment

Hi,

Any luck with moving this forward? Understand that stock cfd's won't be supported but the index cfd's which are in the default symbols in ninja trader and have interactive brokers symbol mappings aren't working either.

Thanks

Comment

Hello All,

Based on what I see in our internal issue tracking database this is something which should be resolved with the release of beta 4. Once NinjaTrader 8.0.0.4 has been released please check these symbols again and follow up with me here if additional issues come up.

Comment

Hi,

I just installed NT 8.0.0.13 to see if i can chart and trade CFD's with NinjaTrader and InterActive Brokers.

Unfortunately I can't even get a CFD instrument from the Instrument look-up to a Instrument List. If I try to add the instrument AEX25 to my Instrument List I get an error: "Invalid Instrument name".

In the Instruments editor no Exchange outside of "Default" is configured and the Tick Size is wrong. I also get these errors for other index CFD's like GER30.

Please advice...

Comment

Hello Nick88, and thank you for your report.

I was able to use the built-in symbols @GER30 and @AEX25 on my system successfully. I am using a more recent version of NinjaTrader, 8.0.2.0 . With my Tools -> Options -> Market Data -> Filter Bad Ticks option checked, data comes in for both these symbols without error. The Tick Size on both the NT and IB sides matches.

If this is not your experience with the above configuration, with the instrument symbols typed in verbatim into your instrument selector, please let us know so we may assist further.
                            Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                            166 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sidlercom80  
                            Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                            0 responses
                            1 view