Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup and Restore Problem

Hello!

I have this problem. I am useing NT 7.0.1000.1 on my main Computer with Windows XP.

For back up all my things i have a second computer with Windows 7 SP1 and installed
    the NEW NT7 version from last night.

I made a Backup from the XP pc and copy the backup to the Windows 7 pc.
    I made a Restore and was not able to backup the NinjaScripts because i got the error
    Ninja Scripts can not be done because this would corrupt your current Programm.
    Workspaces, Templates are done well.

Hope i can get help.

Regards

Falco

Hello Falco,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files on your main computer and check if they report any errors.

Please follow the instructions below to compile your NinjaScript files.

1) Open NinjaTrader
    2) Go to Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3) Select any indicator and double click on it.
    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and select Compile - all NinjaScript files will now be compiled.

Let me know if they compile successful or if you experience errors after compiling.

In addition, do you make use of any 3rd party indicators in NinjaTrader on your main computer? If so, please check with the vendor if their indicators are compatible with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 or later. Version 7.0.1000.3 and later use different wrapper technology to protect 3rd party indicators (CliSecure).
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason!

I hade no errors before and after compiling.
      Made a second Restore but got the same error message.

Falco
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Falco,

Can you please tell me if make use of any 3rd party indicators in NinjaTrader on your main computer? If so, please check with the 3rd party vendor if their indicators are compatible with NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.3 or later. Version 7.0.1000.3 and later use different wrapper technology to protect 3rd party indicators (CliSecure).

Comment

I have only indicators from NinjaTrader Forum or from BigMike Trading.
          Maybe there is one with a problem but how do find them?
          Should i upgrade on my main Computer to the current NT version?

Comment

I see, thank you for clarifying.

If there was an issue with one of these indicators, you should see errors after compiling your NinjaScript files on your main computer.

Can you please create a backup file for only 'NinjaScript files' on your main computer and send me the backup file. You can find backup files at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup.

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Yes, we recommend to have the latest version installed, since it contains fixes and enhancements compared to older versions. You can download and install NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.4 from the link below.

Once you installed the latest version, please create another backup file and check if the issue persists.

Comment

OK RUNNING!!

I have done alle the steps as written in the installation guide from the downloadsection, there where 3rd party files i didn´t know.

Thanks for your help, quick as usual!!!!

Falco

Comment

Hi I'm posting this here because my problem seems to be linked to this thread.

I made a backup some time ago and now wanted to restore it in a new install. Everything works except my script and I get the same error message described in this thread saying that the scripts would corrupt my install of ninja.

since the old install doesn't exist anymore, it seems I have lost the scripts for good.

Isn't there a way to restore the scripts from by backup file? I would take the risk of corrupting my install, copy the lines of code of interest to me and then install again.

Comment

Hello marcoheimann,

Unfortunately there is no workaround to restore your NinjaScript files. If the backup file contains corrupted NinjaScript files, they cannot be restored.

If these are 3rd party add-ons, please contact the 3rd party vendor for new installation files. If you had custom indicators/strategies downloaded from our forum, you can download and import them again. Unfortunately any custom created indicators/strategies will be lost.

Do you perhaps have a system restore available to restore the old NinjaTrader installation?

Comment

Thanks for quick reply,

yes there are custom indicators, I will contact them. I have most custom indicators/strategies on another install on my second pc and will export-import them.

Yours,

Marco

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 08:12 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    1 response