Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restore and backup issue

Hello!

I have this problem. I am using NT 7.0.1000.7 on my main Computer with Windows7.

For back up all my things i have a second computer with Windows 7 SP1 and installed
    the NEW i believe it's NT 7.0.1000.8 version from last night.

I made a Backup from the main pc and copy the backup to the Windows 7 pc.
    I made a Restore successfully on the main computer and was not able to backup the NinjaScripts on the second computer because i got the error saying"
    "Ninja Scripts can not be restored because this would corrupt your current installation."
    Workspaces, Templates are done well.

Just wondering if you could point me to a correct direction in correcting this? Greatly appreciate that...

Regards

Lawrence

Hello Lawrence,

Can you please compile your NinjaScript files to see which ones have errors.

1) Open NinjaTrader
    2) Go to Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3) Select any indicator and double click on it.
    4) A new window will appear and you will need to right click and select Compile - all NinjaScript files will now be compiled
    5) At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
    6) From there you have the option to debug the indicator or remove it.

You can delete NinjaScript files via Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Remove NinjaScript Assembly or Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete.

General debug information can be found at the link below.

If you cannot remove the indicator or debug the error, please send me a screenshot of the entire error messages that appear after compiling. Please enlarge the 'Error' and 'NinjaScript File' columns before creating the screenshot so important information is visible.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I think I know what cause the problem, as long as a strategy includes an external/custom DLL, restoration of strategies will fail, please confirm. Thanks

Comment

Lawrence, could be the case, what DLL were you referencing in those? Were both system 32 / 64 bit or were you moving for example from 32 to 64 bit here? This could unfortunately corrupt DLL references stored in your config files from NT and as such the error message could be seen here.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had the message also when I got my desktop running.32 bit Vista to 32 bit xp.
          From .7 to .8.

I reexported the scripts and indicators, and it just ended up replacing them all.

Everything looks the same. Maybe more of a warning than error?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Lawrence, could be the case, what DLL were you referencing in those? Were both system 32 / 64 bit or were you moving for example from 32 to 64 bit here? This could unfortunately corrupt DLL references stored in your config files from NT and as such the error message could be seen here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick