Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Custom Dll Multiplen Instances errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Dll Multiplen Instances errors

Hi,

I am trying to run multiple instances of R.Net that interops with R and .net. But the problem is I can only run the instance one at a time. When i try to add two indicators in a chart, it cant run both at the same time, throws error.

My question is whether in NT8 programmaticly I can sequentially load and wait for one indicator to complete processing to the next, due to the single instance issue of the custom dll. Also when a bar updates it does so sequentially.
    Last edited by ericson; 02-20-2017, 08:03 PM.

Hello ericson, and thank you for your question. The behavior you are describing is undocumented and unsupported. However, NinjaScript is an extension of MSDN C#, which supports lazy initialization and importing symbols from unmanaged dlls directly. While developing a solution which would allow you to sequentially load indicators from multiple compiled dlls (which we do support creating) would also be beyond the scope of our support, if there are any questions we can answer which would help you determine why your indicators can not run together, or about NinjaTrader and NinjaScript generally, please don't hesitate to reach out.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In R.net ive read you can initialize only one engine at a time, not more or in parallel. So when loading two on a chart same time, throws error or crashes. Same would happen for onbarupdates events.

Comment

While we have reached the limit of the scope of the support we can provide directly, if you would like to be put in touch with a consultant that can develop a way to sequentially load dll files for you, or if there are any other questions about NinjaTrader we can answer, please let us know.
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post love2code2trade  
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes