Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk Management Suggestions & Other Questions

Hi.

First, here are a couple of risk management tools that I would like to see added to NT.

1) Ability to set a MAE value that stops you out of a position (e.g., no more than 20 ticks of MAE or you're out). Ideally, this would be set at the instrument level, but a global setting would be fine too.

2) Option to disallow adding to positions that are underwater (i.e., if you're adding to a winner, great -- if you're adding to a loser, no go).

3) Maximum loss for the trading day (again, by instrument ideally).

An important feature of these settings would be that you have restart NT for changes to take effect. This would keep folks from making changes in the heat of the moment (basically just like moving a stop).

Second, I would like to know why indicators and strategies have to function differently (different implementation, different abilities, etc.). Why can't all of the capabilities of each be available when you're writing a script? I've seen many questions in the boards that go to this issue, and I've personally have several occasions when I've wanted to use strategy features in an indicator and vice versa. Please elaborate as to why this must be, and whether any future version might do away with the indicator/strategy distinction.

Thanks!

Regards,

Hi JangoFolly:

Thank you for taking the time to suggest these improvements to the NT application.

I will make sure development adds these to their list of possible future enhancements to the NT application.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ryan View Post
      Hi JangoFolly:

Thank you for taking the time to suggest these improvements to the NT application.

I will make sure development adds these to their list of possible future enhancements to the NT application.

Best regards,
      Ryan,

Can you please elaborate on the indicator/strategy question?

Thank you.

Comment

There were design decisions at an architectural level that resulted in various classes such as indicators and strategies. Ultimately, they do different things and for this reason they are unique.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
          There were design decisions at an architectural level that resulted in various classes such as indicators and strategies. Ultimately, they do different things and for this reason they are unique.
          I was afraid that was the case.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Regards,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71