Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 to FOREX.com connecting issue

Hello:
    I have autotraded FXCM and IB using NT7 before without any issues. But with FOREX.com, for some unknown reasons, it looks at my order as 100 times larger. Of course, the order got rejected. I talked to FOREX.com and they told me the issue is with NT. I tried different setting, like 'pip' and 'tenthpip' from the option menu, and still I could not get it to work. With FXCM and IB, the setting are correct immediately. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160830.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160830.txt"

I look forward to hearing from yo
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160830.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160830.txt"

I look forward to hearing from yo
      Hi Drew:

Thanks for your help. I tried 'pip' and 'tenthpip' as you had suggested. I restarted NT each time. Nothing changed. Can you take over the computer remotely for a look-see?

Comment

Hello reubenlasky,
        Thanks for your reply.
        Email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with your inquiry and requesting a call. We would be happy to assist further with remote call.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by reubenlasky View Post
          Hello:
          I have autotraded FXCM and IB using NT7 before without any issues. But with FOREX.com, for some unknown reasons, it looks at my order as 100 times larger. Of course, the order got rejected. I talked to FOREX.com and they told me the issue is with NT. I tried different setting, like 'pip' and 'tenthpip' from the option menu, and still I could not get it to work. With FXCM and IB, the setting are correct immediately. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
          Hello Brandon/Drew:

Thanks for calling me regarding the issue. Since NT is in partnership again with FOREX.COM, the issue with the lot size multiplier needs to be resolved for the NT autotrade to work. I am using NT 7.0.1000.31 version. Will there be a newer version of the software to be released before Feb 26th?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Got my account transferred from FXCM to FOREX/GAIN today. It is working out fine now. Your just need to reduce the order size by 1000X. So if you want to long 100000 GBP/USD, the input on your strategy or chart-trader should be 100. Anything more and you will be in for a surprise.

Just wondering, am I the only one here with this issue?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It would be our understanding that it can be designated on Brokerage side whether a quantity of "1" would indicate a Standard, Micro, or Mini lot. I would recommend contacting your broker if you would be interested in potentially changing this parameter.
              Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
              19 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Radano
              by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
              0 responses