Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract months list disappeared.

Hello,

i was creating a new base instrument for ES in order to have 24/7 data access.
    In order to copy all instrument setting i was clicking between original and new instrument detail tab. When i was finished, i noticed that the original instument (which i havent changed) lost all predefined contract months. Huh...? I guess there must be a bug somewhere within a dialog. During my work i clicked the sort bar, so the sort has changed to alphabethical (by description column). Please test the behaviour there. Finally , is there any way how do get contract months back without adding em manually?
    Thanks
    M.Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	895976

Hello milos.adamec,

Can you please tell me what exact steps you performed. You mention you were clicking between the original and new Instrument Editor window. Does this mean you had two Instrument Editor windows opened at the same time? This should not be possible - you can only have 1 Instrument Editor window opened at a time.

I tested it on my end by creating a new instrument. I opened the Instrument Editor window of the original instrument and copied information. I closed that window and opened the Instrument Editor window of the new instrument and copied the information. Once I was finished, I clicked the Description column. Subsequently, I checked the 'Contract months' menu for the original instrument and it listed the expiry months.

Can you please restart NinjaTrader and check if the contract months are listed. If the issue remains, can you please send me your latest log and trace files. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrade 7--> Log--> log.20101123 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20101123 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send the files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Details

Can you please tell me what exact steps you performed. You mention you were clicking between the original and new Instrument Editor window. Does this mean you had two Instrument Editor windows opened at the same time? This should not be possible - you can only have 1 Instrument Editor window opened at a time.
      I did not log my clicks, so its a problem to exactly say. I had always only one instrument editor at a time.

I tested it on my end by creating a new instrument. I opened the Instrument Editor window of the original instrument and copied information. I closed that window and opened the Instrument Editor window of the new instrument and copied the information. Once I was finished, I clicked the Description column. Subsequently, I checked the 'Contract months'
      menu for the original instrument and it listed the expiry months.
      Hmm strange, i will try to reproduce the behavior. Did you say you copied the information..from one instrument to another, Is there any copy function? I didnt notice any.

Can you please restart NinjaTrader and check if the contract months are listed. If the issue remains, can you please send me your latest log and trace files. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.
      I restarted it, but contract months were gone, i checked again some minutes ago and contract months are back. wow... Does NT download contract months lists from your server?
      Please describe a default system behavior if there are any automatic downloads concerning instument contract months.

Logs are here
      trace.20101123.txt

log.20101123.txt

Comment

I used the Windows Copy function where possible, so for the fields where information needs to be typed.

Yes, 'Contract months' information is loaded from the server. NinjaTrader connects through one of the two IP addresses and ports below to connect to its server.

IP address: 74.200.197.238 and 64.38.21.160
        Port: 80 and 443

Make sure these ports and IP addresses are not interfered/blocked on your PC (firewall & anti-virus software) or internet connection setup (router). I checked your trace file, however I do not see any errors related to the server. Please let me know if the issue recurs.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh  
        Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes