Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

I will Develop your Indicator or Strategy for FREE

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raw Code for a indicator or strategy for NT

Hi,

Could you explain step by step how to successfully use and compile code someone posts raw (like in notepad or a forum etc) for a NT indicator or strategy? I am able to initially get code in the editor but there is usually 1 or 2 errors that keep it from compiling successfully. Thanks a bunch!

Greg

Comment

Hi michel - thx for ur help to all NT fans. May be u will continue - let me try to explain -
      There ´s a range - get the middle oft it like a 50% retreace - take e fiboextension from range
      resits to range support - back to the middle and extend it down - on the other hand from support to resits- back to middle extend up - for targets. Add a picture - hope u understand .

Regards

Comment

BBB (Bull/Bear balance indicator)

Michel (or anyone else that can offer help),

I am looking to get this translated into NT for a historgram indicator. I was trying to use the TS code in this link, but still cant get it to work,.

Basically it is an indicator based off of Elders work measuirng buying/selling power. (The code is in the October 2003 issue of S&C linked here..)

(Vadim Gimelfarb does an interpretation of the indicator)

It doesnt look overly complex, just getting the syntax is a little tough for me.

(I am also looking to create a divergence indicator that alerts me to any divergence to be used in Market analyzer if that isnt too difficult.)

Any advice or help you can give would be great!

Comment

MDL my firm would be happy to help you develop this indicator. Through the end of the year we are offering no risk strategy and indicator development. We will provide you with an intial estimate of the cost to develop your concept into a fully functioning product, develop it without ANY INITIAL COST to you, let you use it for one week and if you like it you can purchase a one time, lifetime license for the product. If you are interested email me at [email protected] for more details.

Comment

Parabolic SAR and Stochastic RSI

Hi Michel,

I am not sure if you are still assisting people with the creation of strategies still or not. I am new to Ninja Trader. The program I used before was automated for building strategies so I do not have experience programming. I am feeling a little overwhelmed when trying to build a simple strategy.

I would like to use the Parabolic SAR with default settings and the Stochastic RSI with default settings.

Parabolic SAR - AccFactor Value - 0.02, MaxAcc Value - 0.2, Colour on rise - green, colour on fall - red, symbol - dot, Trade Type - stop and reverse, Trade at bars close, Allow multiple entries in the same direction, show indicators on chart, show trades on chart.

Stochastic RSI - RSI Value - 14, % K Value - 8, % D Value - 5, Weighted - N, Style - line, Colour - blue, Trade Type - OvBought/OvSold enter zone, Overbought Line - 80.0, Oversold line - 20.0, Line Colour Red for Overbought and Oversold.

Stop - 70
            Profit - 0 - with an option of "with a retracement from high profit of 1%". - I am not sure if this an option in Ninja Trader or not. This particular setting increases the winning trades and decreases the losing trades substantially. Maybe the "chase" feature is similar??

Any help you could give me with this would be so appreciated. I have tried copying and pasting from the original indicators into my strategy but am not sure how they should be put together without all of the errors that I keep getting.

Please let me know if you can help. Thank you so much!
            Kathy

Comment

Kathy...just a word about this thread since you are new.

It was started by "Michel" who made the offer in the original thread posting but never responded to anything after (that I could see).

Several very generous NT Forum users have chimed-in on occasion and provided some code responses, so maybe they can help find what you want.

The other option is to start a brand new thread (if you have not already) to catch the eyes of other very generous NT coders who can help.

Best wishes!

Comment

Kathy we provide custom programming of strategies and indicators for Ninja users at a fraction of the cost of other programming services due to our low overhead structure. We are based in the US however we maintain a programming office in Asia which allows us to be extremely competitive. Our firm will create your custom indicator or strategy for you, provide it to you at NO COST and allow you to use it for free for one week. If you like it and choose to continue using it, we will charge you a one time, mutually acceptable fee for a lifetime license. Please email me at [email protected] for more information. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks Prov1322!

Comment

Simple line VWAP?

Hello everyone,

I'm using this simple 1 line VWAP on TOS on a 1 minute 1 day chart. Could someone duplicate it for NT?

Here is the code from TOS:

Code:
                    plot Data = TotalSum(Volume * Close) / TotalSum(Volume);
                    I have tried the VWAP here in the forum, BUT, the VWAP line does not match TOS VWAP.

Also, I just want a single VWAP line with no bands.

Thanks so much in advance!

Comment

The VWAP in the download section of this forum

- is slow
                      - calculates false standard deviation bands

If you look for a correct VWAP you can take this one

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

and select Band Type = None.

The value of the VWAP depends on the definition of the session. If you do it correctly you will select the session according to the contract specifications of the instrument traded. For NinjaTrader the tradimg times can be entered via the session template used for the instrument.

Why don't you post a screenshot of your TOS VWAP? This would allow me to check whether it is correct or not.

Comment

This was todays session and the VWAP is the pale dotted blue line.

Thanks so much Harry!!

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        The VWAP in the download section of this forum

- is slow
                        - calculates false standard deviation bands

If you look for a correct VWAP you can take this one

The best futures trading community on the planet: futures trading, market news, trading charts, trading platforms, trading strategies

and select Band Type = None.

The value of the VWAP depends on the definition of the session. If you do it correctly you will select the session according to the contract specifications of the instrument traded. For NinjaTrader the tradimg times can be entered via the session template used for the instrument.

Why don't you post a screenshot of your TOS VWAP? This would allow me to check whether it is correct or not.
                        The VWAP you recommended:

TOS VWAP:
                        Last edited by Karado58; 10-18-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

The Session VWAP should reset at the beginning of each session. The VWAP on your chart does not reset.

This means that the TOS VWAP is calcuated over N days, where N is the lookback period of your chart. This is pretty arbitrary and not used by professional traders.

Attached is a chart of today's VWAP which should come out at 67.95
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Harry!

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            The Session VWAP should reset at the beginning of each session. The VWAP on your chart does not reset.

This means that the TOS VWAP is calcuated over N days, where N is the lookback period of your chart. This is pretty arbitrary and not used by professional traders.

Attached is a chart of today's VWAP which should come out at 67.95
                            Perfect...thank you for the explanation and for steering me to a very nice VWAP!

Thank you Harry!

Joseph

Comment

Hurst Bands

Can someone translate the attached code from TOS into Ninjatrader. This is an indicator for Hurst Bands. The settings in the code have been optimized for TF but for coding should be selectable. Thanks.
                              Attached Files

Comment

SMA with sound alerts

If the offer still stand for free indicator development, I would like to have a SMA with sound alerts so that when last price touches or crosses below or above the SMA it will play a sound that I would be able to select from sounds that I have put into NT's sound folder and a message to send to the alerts window that i would be able to type in for different instruments..
                                It would calculate the indicator on bar close but send the sound alert on the last price printed to that it will not wait for bar to close.
                                I hope I am articulating what it is I am after well.

Thanks for your consideration

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jclose
                                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM