Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Suggestion - User Supported Coding/Help Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion - User Supported Coding/Help Forum

There are many C# and other programming questions asked on the forums that are more general in nature vs Ninja specific.
    I know I've asked my share of them for sure.

These are pretty much out of scope of official NT support.
    Ray/Dierk/Josh/Christian and the other fine folks in NT do their best to answer them .. but it's not really their job.

I was wondering if if would be useful to create a section on the forum where we can ask such questions .. but to the Ninja community vs a 'official' support question. The intention is to off load NT support and foster some more collaboration.

Would this be a useful thing? Or do you think the line is to blurry and many would just assume it's another official NT support channel ?

Interesting suggestion and one we have considered. I personally lean towards your latter thought that it would likely be perceived as NT support and when we don't provide replies.....

It reflects poorly on us. At least that's my stance right now.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray is right. However, whatever issue is covered by the community of this official forum reliefs the burden for us. And that's what we already experience...

Comment

I think that's a good idea as well. Rightly so, you guys often have to tell people 'you just need to debug your code'; there are people on here who are willing to help (myself included to the extent that I can), this would just give one location to watch instead of all of the forums.

I don't think a lack of official responses would reflect badly on you at all, just state the policy in the forum description/in a sticky/etc. You guys already spend so much time answering questions on here I can't believe you get any work done. (Of course, using the 6.5 beta I can tell you do get lots of work done. )

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        115 responses
        1 like
        Last Post kevinenergy  
        Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH