• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Able to Save Indicator Settings via "Workspace/Template Save"

My configuration is as follows:

NT 6.5
    Windows7 64-bit
    Indicators from www.PaintBarFactory.com (PBF)

Everything is working fine, but I am not able to save PBF indicator settings in my Workspace or Template files. Every time I bring up my Workspace/Template, I would have to adjust the PBF indicator settings again. The workspace/templates will always revert back to the default indicator settings.

This glitch does not happen when I change a pre-loaded NT Indicator's settings and save it to my workspace/template. It saves the settings correctly.

It also does not happen when I change another 3rd party indicators settings. It also saves it to my workspace/template correctly.

The owner of PBF said it was working fine on his end.

So I was wondering if anyone else has this same issue? or is it a glitch due to my operating system Windows 7 64-bit?

Any help from support will be appreciated ...THANKS
    Last edited by marker; 01-02-2010, 06:42 PM.

marker, normally this is a sign of not proper serializing properties in the custom code used to allow those settings to be saved in our workspaces. Might give a fresh .NET a try to check into. Are the same addons working as expected on another OS?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      marker, normally this is a sign of not proper serializing properties in the custom code used to allow those settings to be saved in our workspaces. Might give a fresh .NET a try to check into. Are the same addons working as expected on another OS?

Thanks Bertrand for responding...
      How do I give a fresh ".Net" ?

I don't really know if the addons work as expected on another OS, sorry, I just have one PC....

thanks,
      Marker

Comment

Marker, I see - for a fresh .NET install please see those steps below -
        • Terminate any applications running on your PC
        • Go to the Windows Control Panel
        • "Add/Remove programs" for XP users or "Uninstall a program" for Vista users
        • Locate and uninstall the .NET Framework
          • If your highest version is 4.0 or greater than do not continue with these instructions and let us know and we will follow up with further instructions
          • If your highest version is 3.5 then proceed and uninstall this version and skip the next line
          • If your highest version is 2.0 then proceed and uninstall this version
        • Install version 3.5 of the .NET Framework which contains the 2.0 version which is required by NinjaTrader 6.5 (Download from here)
        • After the install please check for updates to the .Net Framework with the Windows Update function
        Note: Please do not reboot your PC in between these steps as this can potentially create more issues that we are unfortunately not qualified to assist with.

Comment

• If your highest version is 4.0 or greater than do not continue with these instructions and let us know and we will follow up with further instructions
            • If your highest version is 3.5 then proceed and uninstall this version and skip the next line

• Install version 3.5 of the .NET Framework which contains the 2.0 version which is required by NinjaTrader 6.5 (Download from here)
          • After the install please check for updates to the .Net Framework with the Windows Update function

Note: Please do not reboot your PC in between these steps as this can potentially create more issues that we are unfortunately not qualified to assist with.

Thanks....

Comment

I just checked, I have version 1.1 ? whats my next step?

Comment

If you really have only 1.1 installed, please just install the the 3.5 NET as it would contain 2.0...after this use Windows Updates to get the SP1 and fixes for this.

Comment

Backtest Parameter Problem

I want to change one of my Backtest Parameter settings in the Backtest window. I selected my strategy, then go into one of the Parameter settings fields and change it. If I then hit the Enter key or Tab key, it always defaults to the original strategy's setting. Alternatively, if I change it and then right click on the parameter name whose field I just changed, it indicates "Set Default For [Parameter name]". If I click on that, the date in the field still reverts to the strategy's original setting.

Can't I make changes in the Backtest window so I can make minor variable changes to backtest?

Comment

What parameter are you attempting to change to which value? It sounds like you're not setting it to a valid value as defined in it's code properties, thus it reverts back to the min / max valid value coded in.

Comment

They are "User Defined Inputs" with numeric values

Comment

Correct, then you would need to check how they are setup in the properties section of the strategy code, i.e. what acceptable values are.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Sam2515
                      by Sam2515

Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                      15 responses