Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

we need indicators !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireFly View Post
    I have also switched from Tradestation to Ninjatrader and I'm glad I did.
    It also took me a while to get familiar with ninjascript (and I'm still working on it, C# is new for me too) but it is WAY more powerful than Tradestation EL.

I still feel that the very simple things are more quickly implemented in EL than in NTscript, however the more complicated stuff is easier in NTscript. One of the reasons is that you can structure your code much better in NTscript than in EL.
    Exactly, EL and other indicator languages are so poorly typed that the majority of translation errors stem from that problem. Plus the power of C# makes it a lot easier to integrate more complicated logic and applications.

Originally posted by FireFly View Post
    For the people who need more indicators, maybe a seperate section in this supportforum can be setup where NT users can share their indicators. Personally I prefer that the developers at Ninjatrader company focus on debugging and adding new features to NT instead of translating hundreds of indicators.
    Agreed. I think Ray, Dierk and Christian have done such an excellent job posting replies at all hours and in helping this forum grow that its time the community members started to communicate better with each other on such topics.

Comment

Any other requests? Good work going on here. Thanks Gumphrie. Lets keep the ball rolling.

I'm also all up for a section where we can just post our indicators. I wouldn't mind sharing a few of mine with everyone.
      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks all, this is very encouraging...

Offering a file sharing facility is on my list! Please be patient as the list is long
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Gumphrie,

Looks like you nailed it.
          It seems to be working correctly.

Thanks so much for all your help with this indicator.

Keep up the good work in this forum.

Comment

Adaptive CCI

Gumphrie,
            Are you serious about converting indicators from TS to NT? I see you did one so am hoping you are will ing to do another. It is an adaptive CCI. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. I am trying to do this myself but have just started working with NT. The learning curve is quite large.

thanks,
            Mike Winfrey
            Attached Files

Comment

Mike,

Sure, can you post a screenshot?

Also, if you're interested, there are other converted indicators in the fileshare section.

Comment

Adaptive CCI

Thank you for doing this Gumphrie. I remembered about the screen shot as I was going to bed last night.

I'll check out the fileshare area as well.

Thanks,
                Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm a bit confused by what the "Period" variable is doing in that EL code. If its really initialsed to 0 and not an input variable it will stay 0 as ".2*Period + .8*Period[1]" is still 0.

Any ideas?

Comment

Mike,

The code looks like its only plotting one line and not doing all that other stuff in the screenshot, is that correct?

Comment

Adaptive CCI

I believe it's plotting the smoothed line that is related to the histogram. The single smoothed line is another ema that is another indicator.

You guys must never sleep.

Thanks,
                      Mike

Comment

Adaptive CCI

Just saw your second post...not sure what the period being initialized to 0 is either. I saw and wondered how that worked as well. but it's the code provided by the author without comments. So, I'm not sure either.

Comment

Gumphrie,
                          I found something that may be very helpful. I found an indicator included with ninjatrader that is called MAMA. It was written by the same author as this one for the adaptive cci. The good news is that 90% of the code is common between the 2. Therefore most of the work is already done. Just need to substitute the cci code for the MA code and that should be all that's needed. I am working on that now.

Mike

Comment

Excellent spot Mike.

Here's what I have if you want to compare.

To import:

- Download the file contained in this thread to your desktop
                            - From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript
                            - Select the downloaded file
                            Attached Files

Comment

this is awesome...you are so much better at this than I am. That's not really saying much because I just started looking c# yesterday. I like the adaptive cci. you can read about it at http://tuckerreport.com/indicators/. Doug Tucker isn't the author of it obviously but he uses it and has done a lot of research into applying it to trading. He gives a better explanation of if than John Ehlers does.

Now I have another cci that I am working on and am almost done with it. It uses a different formula to calculate the typical price. I have been using it on my trademaven charts and like it a lot. I use it to confirm patterns that I see on the main cci. like it a lot so far. However, I really want to use it with this adaptive CCI. My suspicion is that I will get better entry signals and less fakeout signals.

I really thank you for doing this. I may be back in touch with you if I don't figure this other one out. I think I'm almost done with it.

By the way, after I'm comfortable that we have the adaptive cci right, should we post it in the downloads area?

Thanks again.
                              Mike Winfrey

Comment

Thanks for the link, the articles are very educational and easy to read.

Yes, if you can compare the same indicator and instrument/timeframe on Tademaven and if you're happy with it post it in the file share section.

As I mentioned way back on this thread I'm a programmer trying to learn becoming a trader, so new trading insights are always appreciated, thankyou.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                                19 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Radano
                                by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes