Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

exporting indicators and name changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exporting indicators and name changes

I have been working on an indicator for someone in NT8. I exported the indicator as a different name as a zip file. I was wonder what I want to do is reinstall the old indicator and the newone I modified, but the cs file is the same name. Do I have to change the cs file name or everything in the code in order to have 2 indicators?

Hello ballboy11,

The recommended way to change the name of an indicator would be to open the indicator in the NS editor, right click>save as, and save the file name to something else. This has the effect of changing both the name of the .cs file as well as the Name within the file.

I may suggest shutting down NT, moving the file with the same name as the one you are trying to import from the my docs>NT7>Bin>Custom>Indicator folder to the desktop, then restarting NinjaTrader and trying to re-import the other file.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you and another question

I got it to work out. I was wondering if there is a way to export wav files as well. I created a custom indicator and made custom sounds with it to look into the sound directory.

Comment

Hello ballboy11,

Could you please provide more information with what you mean by export? You'd like your indicator to play a custom sound or you'd like to be able to export an indicator with a custom .wav sound?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I already created custom sounds for the indicator which is located in the sounds directory. In Ninjatrader 8 and you want to export an indicator You can choose indicators and references but I can not see to choose wav files. I want to export the wav file

Comment

Hello ballboy11,

Thank you for writing in.

When exporting a compiled assembly through NinjaTrader, no additional resource files can be added. There are two ways around this. The first is to export the DLL from NinjaTrader, then open the exported .zip file, add any additional files, and re-zip the archive, but this will result in your resource files being fully accessible to end users. The second and recommended approach is to use a fully featured IDE such as Visual Studio to build your DLL's.

For information on the first route, please see Distribution Procedure at the following link,

For information on the second approach please see the "AddOn Development Environment" section of the AddOn Development Overview page. Although the page focuses on AddOn development, the sample project it provides can be used to develop other NinjaScript Types, as well.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes