Add() method in Initialize()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add() method in Initialize()

Hey, two big thumbs up for the work on NT7 - it's really shaping up to be great!!

In an NT7 strategy, how would I add a HeikenAshi chart that matches my primary OHLC chart type and period, and how should I reference it to add indicators based on it?

The first issue seems to be that there is only one overload for AddHeikenAshi(), and it requires a reference to the period type and value. I could get the primary chart type and period from the Bars object, except that references to the Bars object are not allowed in Initialize().

The second question is similar: if I could get the HA chart added, then I could reference BarsArray[1] as a DataSeries input for my indicators...except that I would imagine that's not allowed in Initialize() either.

What would you suggest?

Greg

Greg,

You will need to hard code Add()s. You should not be placing any indicator logic in Initialize(). Initialize() does not have any bars created yet.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks

Okay, that's what I thought.

I noticed in 6.5 that there was an Add() overload to add an alternate period/type for whatever the primary instrument is, to get around this type of issue...so a nice enhancement to 7.0 might be a set of overloads to add alternate chart types for whatever the primary instrument and timeframe happen to be. The new chart types are so nice that adding them as alternate/parallel views seems like it would be a common thing to want to do.

Again, you guys are doing a great job - I'm loving the 7.0 beta! Thanks and keep up the great work!

Greg

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
        15 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse