Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diffent data on two PCs

Hello,
    I have Ninja Trader running on 2 PCs, both the same data vendor, both at the same place but showing different candles, Time sync is ok. Can anyone help?
    Thanks a lot
    Carl

Please try reloading the data on both PCs. Tools->Historical Data->Reload. Alternatively you can try deleting the data set you have and redownload a new data set. Tools->Historical Data->Delete.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Carl,

Are you sure the system clock on both PCs are identical down to the second? NT time stamps bars based on the system clock.
      mrlogik
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Thanks for your answers,
        I don t use daily charts, it is a problem of intraday charts, 30 Ticks and 1 Minute are important to me. I synchronized time on both PCs, but still one PC is opening a new bar earlier than the other one.
        Carl

Comment

Who are you using for a data feed?
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

These are my thoughts that may be intirely erroneous. How different are your candles? I think that NT time stamps the ticks based on your computer time in fractions of a second (perhaps milliseconds, I don't know the granularity). It is just about impossible to synchronize two computers exactly if you are trying to synchronize them independantly using internet based time programs. Even then, it is difficult to maintain synchronization during the day. If your computers are even fractionally different then it is possible that they may build their bars slightly differently. This may be one reason why some people have requested the option of building bars based upon the trade time sent as part of the market data instead of the user's computer time.

Comment

You may want to read this post which describes exactly what higler just said.
              mrlogik
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

NT uses end of bar time stamps but depending on the source of your data feed will use the time stamps provided by the feed if one exists else it locally time stamps incoming ticks. If it uses source time stamps, then PC clock is irrelevant. This is why I asked what data feed was being used.

Comment

Ray - That is good info. I had not been aware of that. For my own edification, what does NT use with ZenFire? Thanks.

Comment

Zen-Fire supports time stamps at the tick level thus NT uses their time stamp.

Comment

Thank you. I have been using NT for a couple of years, having previously used some other well known trading programs, and NT is by far the fastest and the best. Has NT/Zenfire always used the timestamps? It seems to me a while back (at least a year or more) that people were discussing this topic and I thought that NT used to primarily use the user's computer time. Anyway, thanks for the info. NT really is the best even though I can get wacko periodically.

Comment

NT has used Zen time stamp for at least a year if not longer. There was a time where Zen did not provide a time stamp thus we stamped each tick with PC time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes