Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

References for Draw Methods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

References for Draw Methods

I am trying to create a dll that uses the NT drawing methods. I get the following error "The name 'DrawArrowDown' does not exist in the current context". I assumed this was because I did not have the correct reference to the NT components that handles drawing tasks.
    Am I on the right track, and what NT component should I include in my "references" to resolve this compilation error.

Many thanks.

Unfortunately creating custom DLLs outside NT is beyond of what can support.

However, Right click->References in the NinjaScript editor could give you an idea on what is needed.

Comment

The draw methods belong to the StrategyBase and IndicatorBase classes, so you would need a reference to an instance of a strategy or indicator to call these methods on.

Comment

Thanks gert74, that worked, and saved me a lot of time thrashing around in the dark. Using methods like DrawArrowDown is now recognised and compiles.
        I am new to this, so please excuse my ignorance...if I am trying to use a method like the DrawArrowDown from my external class (dll), are there any object references that I need to pass to my external method (that uses the DrawArrowDown) to ensure the arrow is drawn on the chart? In other words, the chart implements an Indicator that makes a call to my external class and method, which perfoms some calculations then plots an arrow on the chart.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle
        by yertle

Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
        15 responses