Cannot Connect to Interactive Brokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Connect to Interactive Brokers

I have been using NT on one PC and have now switched to a new PC. I've entered all my settings accurately, however, when I attempt to connect to IB, all I see is the left bottom status bar which says I am connecting to Interactive Brokers, but it does not go past that point and the connection never goes through. Please advise...

Hello,

Are you receiving any error messages?

What version of TWS do you have installed?
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have Build 884.3 and no error messages.

Now I just tried connecting to TWS first and then tried accessing the broker feed through NT and it appears to be connected now.

When I ran NT on my other PC, however, I didn't have to log into TWS first...instead when I tried connecting through NT, it already had my login info stored and then I would have to insert the security code only in order to get connected. I saved the login info on this new PC so I am not sure why it is not automatically logging in through NT...any ideas?

Comment

Hello,

The supported version of TWS is 887.2, I recommend removing your connection along with TWS and recreating them using these instructions provided.

Please go to Tools--> Account Connections--> Highlight the connection--> click Remove
        Then go to Tools--> Options--> Misc--> Repair DB
        Restart NinjaTrader
        Please go to Tools-> Account Connections and recreate the connection.

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.
        Click here to take me to the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Michael; 11-16-2008, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Ok, I have done as you instructed. And NT attempts to do the automatic login...but the strange thing is that it is not recognizing the username field and password field correctly...as a result, the password is showing up in the username field and the password field is empty.

I thought it was odd, so I went back into the settings and typed my username in the password field of the account settings and now the username appears in the field it should be in, however, there is nowhere for me to enter the password in the Account Settings section now. Any ideas?

Comment

I had downgraded to Version 887 per your instructions. But when I had the initial issue in this 887 version, there was a first field which contained Region with drop down menu options to choose America, Asia or Europe. Then followed the username field and lastly the password field.

Anyway, that region field is no longer there and now the automatic login process works. Not sure how it went away, but it did. So now the username field and the password field are the only ones there in the auto login.

Problem resolved...thank you.

Comment

Hi Samurai,

Thank you for letting us know your inquiry has been resolved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y  
              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes