Drawing tool access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drawing tool access

Is it or could it be made possible to move or copy a selected few drawing tool icons to a convenient location on the chart? For one click access that is to a drawing tool, that is.

Thanks

Hello Pete77,

There would not be a way to do this by default in NinjaTrader. However, you could use the Keyboard shortcut shown when you click the drawing tool icon to quickly access a tool or you could import this toolbar from the forum included below.

You may import the indicator by:
    1. From the Control Center window select the menu File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript to open the Import NinjaScript dialog window
    2. Select the file you want to import
    3. Press the "Open" button

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
    • Right click you chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Attached Files
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I would like to see that toolbar indicator to see if it would give me one click access to a drawing tool. However I am getting the error message "This NinjaScript archive was made from and older, incompatible version of NinjaTrader" and seems it will not import.

To explain my request further, when trading a future moving fast I prefer not taking my eyes from the monitor to use the keyboard, one mouse click is faster if we could make it available.

Further, there must be some use for the icons on the drawing tool menu, could you explain?
      Last edited by Pete77; 05-21-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

I see that toolbar works in Ver 7and answers my basic request. Now we need someone to convert this for ver 8 and hopefully add better ability to edit that toolbar.

Thanks ShawnB

Comment

Hi Pete,
          I am currently working on just such a thing.
          It's not as easy as NT7 and Windows Forms.

I have modified ChelseaB's toolbar by adding drawing tool abilities.
          I have so far managed to replicate a drawing tool click event.
          I am currently working on implementing the icons.
          Keep an eye on the download section in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Thank you, Sim22. Meanwhile could you tell me why I can't edit ToolbarShortcut? When I right click on an icon I get a menu: Move up, Move down, Remove. etc, but the menu items are greyed out except for properties (which doesn't help).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pete77 View Post
              Thank you, Sim22. Meanwhile could you tell me why I can't edit ToolbarShortcut? When I right click on an icon I get a menu: Move up, Move down, Remove. etc, but the menu items are greyed out except for properties (which doesn't help).

Thanks
              Are you referring to the ToolbarShortcut in NinjaTrader 7? Can you attach a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Comment

Yes, ToolbarShortcut in NinjaTrader 7! I am trying to do a screenshot but as soon as I do a mouse click to save the image the toolbar menu disappears.

New edit: I have just taken a picture with a camera. Now trying to figure out how to post the image.
                Last edited by Pete77; 05-23-2016, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Image now posted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello Pete77,

That appears to be the Panel Context Menu detailed under Understanding Panels at the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ng_a_chart.htm

Comment

That menu comes up when right clicking an icon in the toolbar. Is that not intended to be used for editing the toolbar? If you look carefully at the image you will see that all the menu items are greyed out except for properties. I don't understand what is going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete77 View Post
                        Yes, ToolbarShortcut in NinjaTrader 7! I am trying to do a screenshot but as soon as I do a mouse click to save the image the toolbar menu disappears.

New edit: I have just taken a picture with a camera. Now trying to figure out how to post the image.
                        Pete for future reference you can just press "PrtScn" (or PrintScreen) on your keyboard. Then open Microsoft Paint, then press Ctrl-V. Crop out what you want. Save as Image file.

Alternatively you can use 'Snagit' which is exceptional, or search for a freeware alternative. All of my download snapshots have been done with Snagit.

Comment

Thanks for the help Sim22. I am now assuming that the menu panel that comes up when right clicking on an icon in the ToolbarShortcut does not function in Ninja 7.
                          I look forward to your indicator for Ninja 8 with great interest.
                          Quick and easy access to drawing tools is very important for me. I normally use only four of same but I use them a lot.
                          If I were able to manage the toolbar to have just these four in slightly larger form then is currently the case in ver 7, it would be great.
                          Pete

Comment

Hi Pete & Sim22,

Not sure if you are aware of Edge's drawing toolbar which he has already ported to NT8? I think it may have the functions you are looking for...

High Tech Trading Analysis - https://www.htech.net - has designed and is now offering an awesome drawing tool indicator for NinjaTrader 8 and Technical Analy...

You can choose which drawing tool icons you want to add/remove on the chart, and there is also another addon/toolbar which changes the colour & style of the drawing tools with one click (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS6ijMLwr4I).

I find them much quicker than the drop menus.

Cheers,
                            Shane
                            Last edited by ShaneAU; 05-26-2016, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I'm interested in developing a free version for the NT community.

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post r68cervera  
                              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes