risking same amount of $ with different risks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

risking same amount of $ with different risks

I am simply looking to risk a specific amount of $ or as close to a specific amount of $ I can on every trade I take, with different risks. for example if I am going to risk in the market 1.25 or 1.75 or 2.50 I need to know how many contracts to trade to risk a specific amount of $ on every trade. If I can talk to someone that understands what I need and can show me the tools ninja has to help me manage the way I need to let me know. does anyone know of tools that can do this? I would also love to know the risk reward.

Hello hunter7,
    Thanks for your post.
    What may work for you is placing orders with an ATM strategy where you can pre-define your stop loss and profit target.
    See the recorded ATM 201 training below.
    Gain the ability to understand and use the power of managing positions with NinjaTrader's Semi-Automated ATM Strategies.ATM Strategy Overview 5:07Creating an...
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
      Hello hunter7,
      Thanks for your post.
      What may work for you is placing orders with an ATM strategy where you can pre-define your stop loss and profit target.
      See the recorded ATM 201 training below.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXP...DD7105&index=8
      Thanks Brandon but no that did not help me, my stops are not always pre defined and that is why I asked my question. most of my trades happen somewhat fast and have different risks under were price has just rejected. now if that risk is 1.00 or 1.75 or 2.25 I Need to trade the proper amount of contracts to risk the same amount of $ whether the it is a 5 point risk or .75..But thanks anyway Brandon. is anyone out there that understands me and can help ???

Comment

Hello Hunter7,

To have your order quantity dynamically change as you modify how many ticks you're willing to risk would require a custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
          Hello Hunter7,

To have your order quantity dynamically change as you modify how many ticks you're willing to risk would require a custom programming. If you yourself are not a programmer, any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you:

Search trading indicators, apps and services to personalize your NinjaTrader software. Explore custom trading indicators, automated strategies, free trading apps & more!

thanks I'll let you know

Comment

Hello Hunter7,

One of the links (trade the risk), has mentioned on their site that they are in the process of creating what I believe to be what I need and have explained. Advanced position sizing, risk, is what they have said they have in their products section. Unfortunately I had e-mailed them multiple times and they have not got back to me is there any other way you can help me to get in contact with them??

Comment

Hello Hunter7,

I have passed this ticket over to our business development department who are going to reach out to the partner about following up with your inquiry.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
              Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Hunter7,

I have passed this ticket over to our business development department who are going to reach out to the partner about following up with your inquiry.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
                Thank you very much Alan

Comment

Hi Hunter7,

I have also been looking for a tool where the number of contracts are scaled in relation to where my stop is and my predefined maximum $ risk. Look no further, I have found a really great tool which does this (and much more).

Black Bird
                  https://www.sharkindicators.com/blackbird/
                  - Developed by the people who made Bloodhound

It is pricey... but last I heard there was a discount on the Beta version and also money back if you don't like it after 30 days. You'll have to ask them though, I can't see anything about this on their website. I haven't bought this tool myself (because of the price) but what I like about SharkIndicators is their reputation for building solid bug free software (I own bloodhound).

Cheers,
                  Michelle
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by michelle99; 07-29-2016, 11:53 PM. Reason: Add screenshot of Black Bird

Comment

Originally posted by michellepace View Post
                    Hi Hunter7,

I have also been looking for a tool where the number of contracts are scaled in relation to where my stop is and my predefined maximum $ risk. Look no further, I have found a really great tool which does this (and much more).

Developed by SharkIndicators (the same developers of Bloodhound) the tool is called Black Bird. https://www.sharkindicators.com/blackbird/

It is pricey... but last I heard there was a discount on the Beta version and also money back if you don't like it after 30 days. You'll have to ask them though, I can't see anything about this on their website. I haven't bought this tool myself (because of the price) but what I like about SharkIndicators is their reputation for building solid bug free software (I own bloodhound).

Cheers,
                    Michelle
                    Thanks so much Michelle this looks like what I need thanks

Comment

No problems Hunter. I've just seen now on Shark Indicators that as of today Black Bird is officially released: http://www.sharkindicators.com/blackbird/

(again, I haven't myself bought this tool yet but I hope to soon)

Comment

Originally posted by michellepace View Post
                        No problems Hunter. I've just seen now on Shark Indicators that as of today Black Bird is officially released: http://www.sharkindicators.com/blackbird/

(again, I haven't myself bought this tool yet but I hope to soon)
                        thanks this is vary close to what I believe I need. I will be calling them soon to talk to someone about some of the things I see a little problem with in the videos of blackbird, to see if they can fix it or if it can work by not adjusting the flags once it is attached to price. thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post rdtdale
                        by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes