Workspace will not open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace will not open

I have a workspace that I have been using for weeks, but this afternoon it will not open, it did in the morning.

I have looked in the trace & log files but there is no mention of NT being unable to complete the request. I have restored to an earlier backup & the problem still manifested itself. I restored the current backup & was told that NT script files were not fully restored as this might corrupt the installation. No warning message came when those files were first installed; Whatever those script are.

I click on Open Workspace, select the file and nothing happens.

Earlier in the day I added a new feed to esignal and tried to create a symbol into the instrument manager (UK stock market symbol, LLOY-LON) but this was unable to display.

Please can someone help.
    Last edited by jorune; 02-21-2017, 11:09 AM.

Hello jorune,

Thank you for your post,

To test, please close the saved workspace you opened via File > Workspaces. Next, try restarting the backup again via File > Utilities > Restore...

After this is complete, go to File > Workspaces > Open workspace and try opening the workspace again. Often we see where the empty workspace was already open when the workspace was restored, resulting it in continuing to be blank.

Regarding the stock, NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument.

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
    Press the 'New' button
    *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    Press the 'OK' button
    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
    You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I closed the workspace, NT said do you save it? I said yes.
      I restarted the restore and got the same error message.
      I tried to open the workspace, there was a brief flash of 'loading data' in the info bar at the bottom right but the workspace did not load.

I created the new instrument, I ticked the boxes for default and LSE. I entered LON in the esignal details on the misc. No data coming through, is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Chris.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

When the error comes up, does it specify that Workspaces were restored, or just that the NinjaScript files could not be restored?

If workspaces are not restored because of the error, I suggest writing in to PlatformSupport[At]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can resolve the compile error or get the workspace manually.

Regarding the stock, the Misc tab > Symbol mapping setting will need to be the eSignal symbol for the stock you're trying to load, the Definition tab has a Exchange scroll box where you'll select LSE.

Comment

I include the error message from the restore. Workspaces seem to be fine.

The exchanges selected are default & LSE and the mapping is LON.

LLOY-LON works in esignal but not so far in NT.

Thanks,

Chris.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

I'd like to schedule a remote support call with you, please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with a phone number and good time frame to reach you (please include time zone).

Please also and a link to this forum post.

We look forward to assisting further.

Comment

Workspaces Prior to Ninja 7 Incompatible

i have been using the same workspace for months in NT7. i am using windows 10 64

this morning i opened NT7 and the workspace would not open with the following message

Workspaces made from versions prior to NinjaTrader 7 are incompatible and need to be remade.

why is this happening?

Comment

A NT support rep logged onto my machine remotely and took a look. He eventually restored the workspaces folder from earlier windows backups and that seemed to solve the problem.

The LLOY.LON remains a mystery. the NT support rep contacted esignal for their advice and that was checked over while the support rep was logged on remotely. I have a question noted on esignal's forum but no response so far.

On a different topic, I found that a problem with Logik Ultimate Renko bars and Market Replay. The playback of data would be one single large bar. To solve this I went into \Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\cache and cleared out the folder. The bars then plotted correctly.

2nd update : I found there was an update to the bar type software that fixes this problem. I installed it and no subsequent problems.
                Last edited by jorune; 04-05-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB