onOpen ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

onOpen ?

I've created a indicator which I'm using on 1 minute bars. I've set 'Calculate on bar close' to false.

What I want: I would like to save the 'Open' value of each bar in a SQL Server Database. The database connection is working so thats not the problem. However: onUpdateBar() triggers on each tick of these bars, so my indicator is saving the same 'Open' value multiple times during the creation of the bar.

I would like the 'Open' value to be saved just once, and not each tick.

I would like to avoid checking the database each tick to see if I've already saved the open value. I'm using 50+ instruments so that would cause tremendous database load.

Is there anyway to let a piece of NinjaScript code just fire once, on the first tick of a bar?

Originally posted by Rickman View Post
    I've created a indicator which I'm using on 1 minute bars. I've set 'Calculate on bar close' to false.

What I want: I would like to save the 'Open' value of each bar in a SQL Server Database. The database connection is working so thats not the problem. However: onUpdateBar() triggers on each tick of these bars, so my indicator is saving the same 'Open' value multiple times during the creation of the bar.

I would like the 'Open' value to be saved just once, and not each tick.

I would like to avoid checking the database each tick to see if I've already saved the open value. I'm using 50+ instruments so that would cause tremendous database load.

Is there anyway to let a piece of NinjaScript code just fire once, on the first tick of a bar?
    Code:
    if (FirstTickOfBar){//save the values that you want}
    ref: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ttickofbar.htm

Comment

Hello Rickman,

Thank you for your note.

I put together a sample indicator which will check if the CurrentBar is >= to a variable who’s value equals the current bar plus 1, which is assigned from within the condition. This if statement only becomes true on a new bar.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.
      Attached Files
      Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses